Our Client, one of the UK’s leading providers of facilities and security services now require a Control Room Project Coordinator to join their team on a 6-month basis. The purpose of this role is to support the relocation and the establishment of a Service Centre Operation from their main operational control centre to Kingston-Upon-Thames.
The successful Control Room Project Coordinator will have experience of working within a Security Operations Centre (CCTV & Access Control systems) and based on previous experience, will be able to document the necessary processes and procedures to ensure that events are handled in a consistent and controlled manner.
The Control Room Project Coordinator should be technically minded with the ability to manage a small team and promote operational excellence within an evolving department.
What are they offering?
Salary to £37k
6-month FTC (likely to be extended as lots of career prospects via new contract wins)
What are they asking for?
- Proven experience of leading a team in a Control room environment
- A military background would be advantageous however, this is not essential
- Any experience outside of security of managing personnel or systems in a control room environment will be highly desirable.
The purpose of the role is to support the establishment and running of the Service Operation Centre. This will include:
- Reviewing and testing the SOP’s that have been configured within the system and making suggestions to enhance and streamline their existing configuration.
- Define the governance structure, escalation paths, reporting of events and frequency etc.
- Defining the handover procedure between operators.
- Learning the software solution purchased.
- Monitoring the six sites and logging responses to events within the system
- Supporting the transition & establishment of the Service Operation Centre,
- Supporting any Incident Management ‘War gaming’ scenarios that are tested on the 6 locations
- Identify any SOP’s that have not already been documented and work with the Project Manager to capture these.
- Provide input to the Project Manager in the definition of a continuous improvement approach, post a successful pilot.