Account Development Director: London / Home Counties: £95000 + bonus + car etc.
A leading name in the provision of Manned Guarding + Front of House Concierge services in the South East are seeking an experienced manned guarding professional to lead all commercial activities including the delivery of new business and retaining of existing.
These guys have grown exponentially recently based on recommendation, word of mouth and excellence of service. They are now in the right place to launch into the next phase of growth. They are predominantly based in the South East with a strong city portfolio so the successful candidate will need to live in the Home Counties or commutable to London/Cambridge/Luton.
Relationships is what this role is all about and whilst they know nothing is guaranteed, they are confident the level of service will meet your existing clients “best in class” specifications allowing you to take advantage of your network and opportunities to develop and develop strategic accounts quickly.
They are not looking for a BDM to win just 168s but a well-known and regarded individual within the market who can deliver £500K opportunities and be confident of landing at least £1m of new business in in year 1.However they would not be operationally phased if you converted £10m.
You understand the manned guarding and or Front of House space, have a strong network, not afraid to pick up the phone to make things happen with the ability to put together compelling tenders when the opportunities arise.
This company’s client base is mainly corporate and weighted towards the commercial property managers in London, so we are keen to hear from those with relationships with clients such as Savills, CBRE, Ashdown Phillips, BNP because the testimonial sites are there.
However, they are also keen to diversify so would be interested to hear from candidates who can introduce and strategically develop clients from within Government, PFI, Education or Healthcare.
They are extremely flexible re bonus packages. From the start you will have full autonomy within this role- you will be the expert in business development and account management within the SMT and you will be trusted with the commercial strategy. There is a career opportunity here to grow a Sales + Marketing team but the client is open to putting together a “retirement package” for someone at the relevant stage of their career.
What are they asking for?
“A grounded commercially orientated professional”
- Sound manned guarding commercial experience and wide business acumen (and network)
- Ability to cost opportunities identified
- Persuasive and credible with ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment
- Quality presenter with ability to close
- ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- organised and time management skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- passion for chosen sectors and services: wide knowledge of trends and macro ‘drivers’ in industry
- overcome barriers to win business + focuses on results aiming to deliver extraordinary performance
What are they offering?
- Salary to £95K with realistic OTE £150K + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- A great story to tell with already envious client base
- Prestigious car allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects or “retirement package/agreement”
- A strong quality driven player
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- Identify opportunities for growth within existing and targeted business
- Generate growth by keen networking and responding to enquiries
- Lead the negotiation or re-negotiation of sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Finance + Ops SMT
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector
- Have you been responsible for winning £500K opportunities and would you be confident in delivering £1m in Year 1
Do you have strong networks/relationships with the following types of potential clients Savills, CBRE, Ashdown Phillips, BNP or within the following sectors:Government, PFI, Education or Healthcare
Are you capable of delivering highly compelling and winning bids.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.