Our client is one of the fastest growing manned guarding companies in the UK. Delivery of service and a great reputation have meant they are winning contract after contract and holding onto a great corporate client base. This means that they are now looking for an Account Manager to develop and maintain a long-term strategic relationship with a recent client win: including mobilisation and thereafter maximise growth opportunities within them. We have been asked to resource individual with strong account management and relationship building skills experienced in managing important accounts as well as being highly self-motivated.
The account is multi-sited across the midlands with a direct relationship with a major managing agent and their end client. You will live within an hour commute of central Birmingham (e.g. ideally somewhere around Kidderminster, Walsall, Coventry etc.
What are they offering?
- £45K salary + bonus, car allowance (5K pa)
- Executive package including pension and healthcare
- Opportunity to work in fast paced environment with an industry leader and career opportunities
- Working with company that invests in people: e.g. ILM training to L 5 Leadership + Management
What are they asking for?
- Extensive experience in operational and account management in the manned guarding industry
- Excellent people management skills and a passion for client service.
- Experience of managing shopping centre/ shopping mall accounts is a must
- Knowledge of working with managing agents is desirable
- Understanding of commercial + strategic business elements, with focus on performance measures
- Strategic ability to influence change and business solutions to cross functional stakeholders
- Ability to manage a network of relationships both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills: ability to deliver presentation and reports at senior level.
- Performance and results oriented + able to develop, motivate and lead strong, effective, teams
- SIA Licence
- You will act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant departments
- Anticipate clients existing/future needs and communicates this within the company
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with client.
- Play an integral role in developing new business opportunities
- Prepare and deliver periodical performance reports to client
- Anticipate external risks and develop joint strategies from intelligence gathered
- Perform regular on site monitoring of the service delivery and update of Assignment Instructions, Risk Assessments and other site associated procedural paperwork with on site management.
- Develop a Business Development Plans. Providing solutions to clients' business challenges through a concise understanding of the client and their market.
- Develop strategies that are beneficial to all partners within the account
- Maintain a risk profile for each client site and implement recommendations as appropriate.
- Overall responsibility for the profit and loss of the accounts
- Responsible for contract review process in line with business development plan strategies
- Address all failure of service, ensuring corrective action is taken Liaise with the HR Department in relation to human resource management.
- Ensure contract site's systems, procedures + practices are compliant with H + S regulations
- Line management responsibility for employees within client group, providing performance management, workload/task allocation and support as appropriate.
- Conduct training needs analysis and notify HR of the appropriate skills training as required.
Key Search Terms: Manned Guarding Key Account Management Security Operations
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security related markets and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.