8849 Account Manager: Access Control Systems Home Based: Midlands patch
An international leading name in the manufacture of market leading Access Control systems are seeking a Midlands based experienced sales or Account management professional to develop and grow a portfolio of existing clients including integrators, M+E and installers. (not end user or distributors)
Your main focus will be to convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new strategic business. You will report to a Sales Director and be part of a national and close-knit Business Development and Account Management team.
LOCATION: Home Based – you will work across the “Midlands patch and ideally you will live in the Birmingham/Notingham/Leicester triangle (or within easy reach)
Access Control experience is not necessary but security systems /services knowledge would be advantageous.
Their major USP is that they offer high end quality product at a realistic price point and also have loads of stock in UK warehouses so supply chain issues are not a problem- you can sell solutions that can be installed within weeks.
What are they offering?
The successful Regional Account Manager will be expected to grow their portfolio in line with the realistic business strategy whilst nurturing strong, professional and credible working relationships with the customer base. This will be rewarded with a very attractive basic salary, motivating bonus scheme, car and benefits
- Supportive senior team with realistic expectations
- Salary to £55K with realistic OTE £70K (in year 1) + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- an existing client base along with new opportunity pipeline that needs converting
- Prestigious car or allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- The position will be supported, by a team of pre-sales and technical engineers
- Lead + enquiry generation service provided by team
- Existing and Lapsed client list to immediately start developing
What are they asking for?
We seek applications from experienced new business developers or account managers who have a successful sales track record within ta relevant industry- this could be CCTV, Manned Guarding or other security services. However if you have sold other products to e.g builders merchants or have experience in a distributor setting and can succeed in this environment please read on. Whilst mainly working with existing clients there will be a need to develop some new business so a hunter gatherer approach would be ideal.
- Expertise in pipeline development and conversion: new business and established customers
- A consultative style- fitting the right solution to the client’s needs
- You know how to sell on features and benefits rather than price
- Tenacious approach, under-pinned with integrity
- High motivated, bright and energetic personality
(You might currently be working for Honeywell, Paxton or Gallagher and looking for a step up or looking to manage a larger patch)
- provide full support in all areas of sales, inc customer relationship management of existing customers as well as identifying and acquiring new customers within specific market sectors.
- Majority of your time will be spent developing existing relationships
- Attend several industry events and conferences
- Working with specification such as M&E, Consultants and Architects presenting CPD’s
Key Search Terms: Security Systems Access Control Sales Business Development.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management s sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again