Our client is a market leader in the provision of cleaning, security, facilities management, empty property management, lone worker protection and infection control to clients nationally across the public and private sectors. They are now seeking a Key Account Manager to develop long-term relationships with a portfolio of customers, connecting with key decision makers and stakeholders. The Account Manager will liaise between customers and internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions.
You will also be responsible for making a contribution to the level of existing sales as well as ensuring growth of existing clients through horizontal and vertical selling.
This is a field based role where you will be looking after circa 40 of the largest trading accounts across the private and public sectors. Your success will be determined by:
- Achieving sales targets in designated accounts and expected levels of profitability.
- Numbers of quotes and orders + Completing and developing strategic customer account plans
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £40K plus annual bonus OTE £60K year 1 (+ car allowance)
- Competitive holiday entitlement with Bank Holidays included
- Pension, Life assurance, Private Healthcare + Realistic and extensive career opportunities
What are they asking for?
The successful candidate will have a proven background in sales/account management within a B2B role in a customer-focused environment.
You will be a highly credible communicator with excellent networking, negotiating and closing skills along with bags of intuition and the ability to quickly understand the customers’ needs
At interview you will be able to demonstrate commercial acumen, great presentation skills with the ability to develop effective business plans for each key account
Any experience in the vacant/void/security/cleaning or facilities sectors will be advantageous along with any experience of working with clients in the public sector or social housing.
Responsibilities will include:
- lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the AM’s identified customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Identify and negotiate framework agreements and SLAs
- Communicate clearly the progress of major client projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and grow cross-sell and up-sell opportunities within identified customer base
- Collaborate with BDM to ensure handover of new customer for cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Owns the relevant Account Plan; including initiation, maintenance and monitoring of Plans. Expected to deliver account plan review meetings and report progress to line management.
- extend range of contacts of Accounts to ensure relationship not reliant on single points of contact
Key Search Terms:
Account Management, Void, Vacant, Facilities, Property,
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.