An established and growing National Manned Guarding and Protective Services group are looking for a Contracts /Area Manager to help manage a portfolio in the Midlands. These guys are a top brand/employer looking after destination clients. The portfolio is predominantly retail with some corporate assignments. A supportive bunch who are developing their area management team on the back of some substantial wins and subsequent investment
Working from a local base, your main priority is the welfare of officers and commercial / operational viability of contracts. Reporting to the Operations Director you will assist in running contracts and helping to grow the portfolio. You will help drive profitable growth through development and leadership of an effective team that operates through delivery of excellent service to existing Local and National customers; improving operating efficiency and; expanding the portfolio.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £32K + company car / car allowance
- career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Support from hands-on manager, stable environment + Excellent scheduling and HR team
What are they asking for?
- You will come from a manned guarding management background (including site management or supervision)
- OR you will have worked client side in a loss prevention capacity/risk compliance role.
Its most important that you understand security issues from a service provider or retail client perspective. It’s a given that you will be/ can show the ability to be personable and credible in dealings with team (officers)..
Clients will speak highly of your professionalism and customer focus. You will also live “on patch”
You will pride yourself on your professionalism and customer focus. This is a great opportunity for an existing Manned Guarding Contracts Manager/Operations Manager/Support Manager or Loss Prevention professional (client side to work with a great employer and clients and to get onto a defined career path.
Any P+L experience will be a bonus.
To deliver results that meet or exceed the Business Plan; Budget and Forecasts through full responsibility and accountability for the P&L and effective use of team and support functions + to build, develop, lead and retain a team of Support Staff and Officers
- manage a portfolio of circa £3m across Midlands
- Managing + recruiting, discipline, absenteeism, appraisals etc. and supporting site managers.
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Regular visits to sites under management including completion of site, welfare visits
- Growing portfolio via organic growth and working with Sales Team on relevant opportunities
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard Retail. Please only apply if you have ops management/supervisory experience within manned guarding or come from a loss prevention management background