Our client is a market leader in the provision of facilities management, and mobile security to clients nationally across the public and private sectors. They are now seeking an Area Manager to provide operational support to the Regional Manager in line with area development plans and budgets, optimizing branch profitability through the correct management and retention of the team of mobile operatives.
This is an ambitious company with realistic growth plans that is currently investing across all teams.
The Area Manager will co-ordinate work by ensuring that the distribution of workloads to the mobile service delivery teams are managed efficiently to ensure that customer deadlines and schedules are met. You will also aim to ensure that labour, transport and overtime costs are kept to a minimum whilst delivering core services and in keeping with all client, third party and internal requirements
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £35K + car /car allowance + annual bonus
- 25 days holidays + BH
- Pension, Life assurance, Private Healthcare
- Realistic + extensive career opps- this is a company where people are developed and stay
What are they asking for?
If you are a commercially orientated operations professional who understands the importance of quality operational delivery to client retention and growth, please read on. Your team will consist of roving 2 person teams so experience of managing or supervising a similar operation will be needed. Therefore, you will have previously worked in a B2B mobile service type industry e.g. contract cleaning, security (mobile + response), facilities management, logistics, landscaping, pest control or mobile engineering service delivery, vending ops (somewhere where the team is out and about in vans delivering services at client sites)
You are a people manager who will lead from the front- getting out on sites and motivating teams whilst constantly looking for improvements + efficiencies. It would be useful if you were IOSH or NEBOSH accredited and a good geographical knowledge of area and a full UK compliant Driving licence is required
- Managerial responsibility for all direct operations staff within the West and Central area of Scotland.
- To ensure that all employees have received adequate training
- Maintain standards of Health & Safety and security
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out and completed on each individual site.
- Making sure safety precautions are followed by all staff
- set and ensure targets are met, by coaching, leading and motivating your staff towards KPI’s
- Assessing job priorities and assigning staff to sites to ensure SLA’s are met
- Train new members of staff and helping them as they learn new tasks.
- To ensure daily workload is allocated and completed in the most efficient manner.
- To maintain adequate stock levels, supplies and inventories
- Plan all works with a central support function whilst maximising the resource available.
- maximise all available worked hours with a focus on shift start times and tasks per team per day
- Manage fleet and promote the drive safe campaign
- Ensuring that operations within the depots under their control are operating within budget.
- Whilst developing strategies to overall efficiency and reduce cost with an aim of exceeding budgetary expectations.
- Recruitment + training of employees + ensuring they are equipped and trained
- in line with the company recruitment policy