Our client is a market leader in the provision of facilities management, and mobile security to clients nationally across the public and private sectors. They are now seeking a Service Delivery professional to lead and manage all operations for a local Resource Centre and to be fully responsible for the quality of service whilst ensuring financial growth to the area. This will involve ensuring that the area is meeting the organisational and client Key Performance Indicators and targets, working as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Reporting to the Regional Manager and taking managerial responsibility for all direct and indirect operational staff within the operating area. This will include a component of mobile personnel.
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £50k + £5K car allowance + annual bonus
- Competitive 25 days holiday entitlement
- Pension, Life assurance, Private Healthcare
- Realistic + extensive career opps- this is a company where people are developed and stay
What are they asking for?
If you are a commercially orientated operations professional who understands the importance of quality operational delivery to client retention and growth, please read on. Your field team will consist of scheduled 2 person teams so experience of manning a similar operation will be needed. Therefore, you will have previously worked in a B2B mobile service type industry e.g., cleaning, security (mobile + response), facilities management, logistics, landscaping, pest control or mobile engineering service delivery, vending ops (somewhere where the team is out and about in vans delivering services at client sites).
You are a people manager who understands and will take ownership of a P+L. You will be confident in your dealing with clients (including site visits) and work well with the sales team. You will have a strong leaning to data driven decisions based on an analytical understanding of numbers as well as the ability to explain rationale around changes.
You understand contract terms and conditions whilst understanding understand budgets and know how to deliver EBITDA in line with company targets You must have a full driving licence.
- To ensure labour efficiencies are in line with the company incentive scheme and task points
- To ensure that all employees have received adequate training
- Maintain standards of Health & Safety and security
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out and completed on each individual site.
- Making sure safety precautions are followed by all staff
- Set and ensure targets are met, by coaching, leading and motivating your staff towards KPI’s
- Assessing job priorities and assigning staff to sites to ensure SLA’s are met
- Train new members of staff and helping them as they learn new tasks.
- To ensure daily workload is allocated and completed in the most efficient manner.
- To maintain adequate stock levels, supplies and inventories
- To work with the Purchasing Manager and liaise with and negotiate with suppliers
- Management of all costs
- Maintaining the standard and quality of stock and materials.
- Ensure staff have tools and equipment needed for the job to ensure a good output.
- Ensure appropriate information and communications are cascaded to staff