A rapidly growing national Manned Guarding provider is seeking an experienced Operations Management professional to manage a portfolio of circa £4 million across their London + Essex patch. Reporting to the MD the successful Area Manager will be responsible for effectively leading a team of Site Managers + supervisors to achieve profitability and growth targets whilst ensuring the highest standards of service delivery. The welfare of your team is also a priority.
The role is field + home based: involving extensive travel within your region and some national travel
What are they offering?
- Salary to £45,000
- Fully expensed company car or allowance + Mobile phone and Laptop
- Enhanced pension and healthcare
- 25 days Annual Leave
- career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
What are they asking for?
The successful candidate will be a proven professional with a career in Operations Management within the manned guarding sector and live within an hours commute of patch
You will need to be a confident in management of people including: delegation, customer relationships, succession planning, performance management and working with others to achieve results. At interview you will be able to demonstrate experience where you have driven improvements in service quality, retention, cost effectiveness and profitability.
You might already be in a regional manned guarding role or looking to make the step up from single site operations management. This is a hands on role which will involve the full range of operations management from client review meetings to team welfare visits, scheduling and onboarding new clients. Any TUPE experience would be advantageous.
Responsibilities will include:
- lead activities through implementation of strategic objectives.
- meet revenue, margin, retention + overheads targets
- develop relationships with key stakeholders including clients, strategic customers, colleagues and industry experts to promote the Company brand.
- assist the Sales efforts in identifying and securing medium and high value new business opportunities
- manage clients including service review meetings, recruitment of key staff, actively manage the performance of staff to ensure contract agreements and standards are met.
- manage and motivate direct reports through effective use of goal setting, team briefings, performance review, appraisals, performance management, development and succession planning to support individuals in fulfilling their potential and maximising productivity.
- ensure highest standards of performance in business processes, such as: management reporting, administration, customer relationship management and recruitment
- To define, champion and implement best operational practice in quality and service delivery by means of robust and measurable processes, which can be benchmarked against industry/national standards.
- To actively participate in organisational projects and to support the development of strategic plans in order to achieve alignment between capability, capacity and business need.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.