Assistant Contracts Manager – Soft Services
Purpose of the role
To provide support to all personnel across the operational network and also internally within the Operations Support Team, and to act as first line of response for all soft service related matters.
To assist in the delivery of efficient and consistent UK wide contractor management and to ensure procurement processes are adhered to.
The Operations Support Team functions include centralised procurement for hard and soft service lines, M&E technical support, contractor management support, in-house security team management, health and safety advisory, national facilities manager control and environmental policy management. In total 9 people are employed within the centralised Operations Support Team.
(a) Reports to: Soft Services Contract Manager and Security Contracts Manager.
(b) Other Relationships:
(i) Day to day liaison with the Soft Services Contract Manager, Security Contracts Manager and Procurement Manager, as required below. (ii) Day to day liaison with the Surveying, RFM and operational support staff nationwide. (iii) Day to day liaison with the Strategic Contracts Director as required
- Assist in the successful procurement of services within the Property Management line of responsibilities and initially predominantly Soft Services (Cleaning, Landscaping and Waste & Security Services). Overall service line responsibility within OST includes, but is not restricted to cleaning, manned guarding, M&E, landscaping, pest control, Cash in Transit (CIT), access barriers and gates etc.
- Prepare tender documents, deal with tender queries and to analyse tender returns to maximise Company buying power and extract best value across service lines.
- Assist in management of CIT and cash collection services across the Company portfolio. Monitoring of KPIs and SLAs to ensure that operational standards are met and sites are receiving value for money without impact on service delivery. Regular liaison with centre management and operational teams to ensure that best practice and operational processes are adhered to.
- Assist in the management of the Company in-house security function. Duties to include, but not limited to site visits, creation of subsequent operational reports and monitoring of performance improvement plans where required.
- To assist and support the contract managers with the provision of reports to determine buying strategies for services.
- Together with the relevant contract manager, oversee the contractor performance review process and introduce initiatives to enhance partnerships with contractors wherever possible, including the setting up of KPIs and SLAs and reporting on the performance of the contractors against these measures.
- Attendance to contractor review meetings across all soft service business streams. Creation of comprehensive meeting notes and monitoring of actions within agreed timeframes.
- Develop Management reports to report on key operational information to the businesses.
- Establish good relationships throughout the Company management business and to proactively seek out opportunities to enhance revenue streams within SMR e.g. via the employment of direct support staff, etc where ever practicable without reducing service delivery.
- Support operations staff to ensure appropriate compliance with all statutory requirements, codes of practice and health and safety requirements.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation.