Palmer McCarthy have partnered up with a leading National provider of security, risk management and service support, as they seek to recruit an Assistant National Security Systems Manager. Working out of their prestigious, City of London offices - with responsibility for all UK offices.
This position will require the incumbent to report to the National Security Systems Manager (NSSM) as you will be responsible for supporting the NSSM in the integration, installation and on going maintenance of all systems used by the organisation, including Control Rooms and Access Control systems throughout the country.
What are they offering?
- Salary £34 - 39k
- The opportunity to join a great, forward thinking corporate organisation with exceptionally modern offices in the City of London
- This position has potential for progression and time will be invested in training and development.
What are they asking for?
The successful Assistant National Security Systems Manager will have a good understanding & knowledge of security systems including reporting, system administration and processes. As this role will involve travelling across the UK you must also be prepared to facilitate project works at short notice with the potential of an overnight stay. You will possess a thorough knowledge of the technical security environment and networks along with a sound understanding of related legislation as well as the governing bodies that enforce it.
Experience of managing large complex systems spanning multiple sites within numerous and varied geographical locations would certainly be advantageous as would experience in building and technical project management, a sound working knowledge of corporate security operations and policies is also required.
It goes without saying that you will be IT literate to a high capacity, comfortable working with multiple IT systems and possess a good understanding of technical troubleshooting
Previous experience in a supervisory role within a control room, operations centre or similar technical environment would certainly be useful
Any previous experience of working with technical drawings and schedules or in vendor and supplier management is desirable but not essential.
Key Attributes and skills:
- Project Management Experience essential
- Problem solver
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to operate independently
- Flexible, as this position may require some out of hours work
- Ability to prioritise and delegate workload
- Able and willing to travel UK wide, sometimes at short notice
- Ability to learn quickly and a real drive to excel and progress your career
- Understanding of networks, CCTV and access control network topography
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone and face to face
- Excellent administrative skills
- Comfortable with communicating with people at all levels of the business
Security Systems; Manager; Networks; CCTV; Access Control; Network;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.