Reports to: Director
This role could be part-time or full-time but would need to be Monday-Friday at least 6 hours a day (between 30-40 hours a week): a mixture of working from home and office based in Capability Green (just off M1 J10 between Harpenden + Luton)
About the Company + Role:
Palmer McCarthy specialises in the recruitment of senior, technical sales, and bid professionals into the Facilities, Security, and Property related markets. We have built a reputation for market expertise, honesty, and getting the right person into the right role.
It’s been a busy few years - We doubled the size of our business last year and are on track to do that again - However, to do this we need to grow our team and introduce new talent. As part of this growth, we are looking for Associate Recruitment Consultants to join a very experienced team. This is a well-respected niche business within which you can develop your career in the fun and fast-paced world of recruitment. You will receive thorough on-the-job training as well as the opportunity to learn from the experienced, successful recruitment consultants, managers, and directors around you.
On offer is:
- A pro rata salary of up to £25K + individual + team bonuses - realistic and achievable first-year total package of up to £40K OTE
- Working in a fun professional supportive environment- open plan and spacious environment
- Up to 25 days holiday + BHs + your birthday off
- Pension (flexible on contributions)
- Socials and away days (optional)-
- £20-25k basic salary - regular reviews
- Award-winning training scheme - ongoing support
- Unbeatable commission scheme - earn from day one
- Lunch club - regular lunches at top restaurants
- Free car parking
- Flexible (grown-up attitude to working from home /hybrid arrangements)
- Clearly defined and structured career path in recruitment
- Team-based working environment with great rewards and incentives
- Achievable financial rewards for both individual and team achievements
The role of a recruitment consultant is both a challenging and rewarding position. You will find no two days the same - from calling and meeting clients, taking project briefs, liaising with candidates, and arranging interviews, to obtaining + giving feedback. You will have to adapt on an hourly basis to the needs of your customers and the business. Things don't always run smoothly so you need tenacity and resilience to do the job. Most importantly, you should enjoy working to targets and love the thrill of closing a deal.
You will need a good telephone manner, strong communication skills, be well presented and enjoy dealing with people on a daily basis. You will work in a strong team environment with everyone supporting each other, so being a team player is important too. You will be encouraged to work towards promotion within the business which offers a transparent path to management in recruitment for those interested and with the right attitude.
Ideal Person for this Position:
This lucrative recruitment career avenue will suit an outgoing, competitive, bright individual who has big ambitions for their career. You are probably degree-educated or have worked in a business development/sales environment, have a busy life outside of work/academic success, and may play sports or engage in other team-based activities. You will be very motivated by the earning potential that comes with a career in recruitment and will thrive in a fast-paced environment with like-minded individuals. You need to have a strong work ethic and be prepared to take the knocks that inevitably come from a career in sales where your product (a candidate) can be unpredictable. It isn’t all plain sailing, but the training, rewards, and career opportunities are fantastic and in lots of cases life-changing.
You will be a driven and persuasive individual with a competitive nature who is results orientated and in an interview will be able to discuss short and long-term goals.
You are a solutions-focused individual who is coachable with the ability to learn swiftly. With the ability to prioritise but the flexibility to be able to "drop everything" and divert attention when the business requires. (with no fuss)
Here are some other attributes that will help:
- Have a problem-solving and 'take ownership' attitude.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without constant supervision and direction
- Excellent time and self-management skills
- A sense of humour about misunderstandings and the ability to learn from mistakes rather than take things personally.
- You will need to be flexible, self-sufficient, and discreet. (you will have access to commercially sensitive and client/candidate information)
- You will need to be numerate, IT literate, very organised, well informed with lots of initiative
- This role will suit somebody that is organized, motivated with a tendency to over-deliver, and wants an opportunity to be involved in a business that changes people's lives for the better.
- Confidence to make suggestions on how to improve systems, save on costs and increase productivity/efficiency within the role/business.
- You have an interest in personal development, recruitment and building long-lasting relationships, and assisting the growth and success of others, and enjoy ownership.
- Experience of working within a small business in a multi-tasking role
- Open to personal development and emotionally mature
- Able to handle busy and sometimes stressful environments
- Positive, drama-free attitude + enjoys being part of a high-functioning, fun (sometimes remote) team
- Flexibility and availability to work extra hours when required
If you are able to work on your own and also as a member of a small team, enjoy a varied day and want the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are essential to help the business achieve its goals whilst developing your career + earning very well: this could be perfect for you.