If you have experience as a bid manager/tender manager/proposal manager or Head of Bids: please read on. This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days a week in either London or Chatham.
Our client, a rapidly growing and quality provider of security services including manned guarding is looking for a Bid Director/Head of Bids to join their busy team working out of their offices in either Chatham. (This is a hybrid role - 3 days in either office, 2 days at home)
This position will lead a team of 2-3 bid writers/managers and is responsible for overseeing the national pipeline, weekly tracking and reporting on pipeline activity, and serving as a key liaison with sales leadership. This position calls for a passionate, collaborative professional with a positive outlook, excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £75K + Pension + Health benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Great career prospects
- Supportive and experience senior team who are investing in the bid function
What are they asking for?
You will be a proven bid manager /tender manager/proposal manager or Head of Bids with experience of working within a people services industry such as security, facilities management, cleaning, recruitment, or catering.
You might already be a team leader looking for a bigger opportunity or potentially a senior bid writer or bid manager looking for that step up.
You will be a natural multitasker whilst creating high-end results + demonstrate in interview the experience (or the potential) to manage a small team of creative bid writers and designers. You will be proud of your stable career history along with your excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts simply and effectively.
You will have experience in/ a desire to leading the bid function with an ability to help improve the quality and content of proposals by heading up “big ticket” “trophy asset” bids with values of £1/2m + whilst also upskilling the existing team. Your ability to decipher and understand the subtleties of bid questions will allow you to add a sophistication to their approach.
- Manage a team of bid managers; assign projects, provide oversight and quality control for all deliverables, and manage skill development of all team members
- Partner with team and leadership to ensure career planning and career growth opportunities exist to enable team member specific growth plans
- Ensure the clarity, compliance, and integrity of all proposal documents; this role serves as a key liaison coordinating all internal work streams to finalise proposal responses including tracking and reviewing all proposal content with cross-functional business teams
- Oversee entire proposal and presentation development process ensuring that every member of the pursuit team, including sales leads, operational subject matter experts, and graphic designers know what is expected and when tasks are due
- Develop strategic messaging, win themes, strategies and creative design approaches
- Attend in-person prep sessions as needed/requested by sales leads and pursuit teams
- Introduce process improvements and best practices related to business development and bid management; champion efforts to ensure all deliverables are aligned with the firm’s brand