(Working from home role: canddate to be based anywere south of Birmingham- as occasional travel to London maybe required)
Our client is one of the leading suppliers of security and facilities management services across the public and private sector in the UK. Due to business demand, they are now looking for a creative and organized individual to join them as a Bid Writer + Designer. Previous experience within a Bid environment required as is good experience with InDesign
You will manage the end-to-end production of highly credible tender proposals that successfully convert business’ opportunities into profitable contracts across a wide range of services. The role will provide the right candidate with a fantastic opportunity to influence the success of the business as well as to learn about the company, public sector procurement and commercial tenders.
The scope of the role is broad and encompasses the full project management of tender/proposal production.
What are they offering?
- A Competitive salary in the region up to £40 000 is on offer.
- Working from home role + 25 days holiday
- Growing + ambitious company/group: creating numerous career opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including private healthcare, life assurance and pension
- Great opportunity to develop bid writing skills in this “bid centric” sector
- a flexible approach to working hours
What are they asking for?
You will have excellent technical knowledge of PowerPoint and InDesign along with excellent verbal + written communication skills.
It’s a given you are quality focused with previous experience of writing compelling content. Therefore you are articulate with strong writing skills and a good standard of English, with excellent attention to detail
In interview you will be able to give examples of your project management skills proving a capability to co-ordinate + manage the tender process for numerous bids at any one time. You will also be able to demonstrate excellent time management and the ability to meet deadlines and collect, assimilate and correctly interpret complex information from different sources
Responsibilities will include;
- Manage and produce bid proposals for opportunities up to 500k per annum, adhering to all targets and timescales.
- Development and production of winning tender proposals that secure profitable contracts.
- Overall project management of the tender process ensuring that proposals are developed authorised and approved in accordance with company procedures.
- Review commercial terms and preparation of recommendations to mitigate commercial risk
- Proposals are correctly completed and of a consistently high standard
- Production of high quality tender documentation incorporating standard content and bespoke responses. Coordinating recognised company expert’s contributions at appropriate levels.
- Production of compelling Power Point presentations for subsequent client meetings.
- Responsible for internal communications within the company
Keywords: Bid Writing InDesign Power Point Adobe Tenders Pre-qualifications Presentations
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy. If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.