Our client, a leading supplier of security manned guarding services across the public and private sector in the UK. Due to business demand they are now looking for an experienced Bid Manager to manage the end-to-end production of highly credible tender proposals that successfully convert business's opportunities into profitable contracts across a wide range of services
The role will provide the right candidate with a fantastic opportunity to influence the success of the business as well as to learn about the company, public sector procurement and commercial tenders.
The scope of the role is broad and encompasses the full project management of tender/proposal production, and the leadership of the associated tender teams. It includes development of tender strategies, authoring bespoke written content, and pricing, evaluation of commercial terms and conditions, and overall management of the offer.
What are they offering?
- A Competitive salary in the region up to £50,000 is on offer + bonus
- Growing + ambitious company/group: creating numerous career opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including private healthcare, life assurance and pension
- Great opportunity to develop bid writing skills in this "bid centric" sector
What are they asking for?
- Tender / bid experience with capability to co-ordinate + manage the tender process
- Quality focused with previous experience of writing compelling tender submissions. Articulate with strong writing skills and a good standard of English, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy with ability to use and develop bespoke pricing models
- Experience in the evaluation of customer's terms and conditions of contract. Identify of undesirable clauses and quantifying the associated business risks
- Ability to collect assimilate and correctly interpret complex information from different sources
Responsibilities will include;
- Manage the Sales Administrator ensuring that all administration tasks required to support the Sales process are fulfilled, prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a supplier list) are fulfilled within a timely manner with an emphasis on quality and adherence to strict deadlines and accuracy of information
- To adopt a robust project management approach to the successful creation of bids, managing bid teams, adhering to all targets and timescales.
- To work with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to ensure that the Company Brand is represented professionally in terms of proposal quality, presentation quality, and all forms of internal and external communications related to Company Sales.
- To assist the Team in identifying suitable bidding opportunities, identifying the business benefits and risks, understanding the business profile
- Development and production of winning tender proposals that secure profitable contracts.
- Overall project management of the tender process ensuring that proposals are developed authorised and approved in accordance with company procedures.
- Review commercial terms and preparation of recommendations to mitigate commercial risk
- Proposals are correctly completed and of a consistently high standard
- Production of high quality tender documentation incorporating standard content and bespoke responses. Coordinating recognised company expert's contributions at appropriate levels.
Keywords: Bid Writing Security ITT RFI RFP OJEU Tenders Pre-qualifications Presentations
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy. If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.