Our client is a multi-million, multi-national group that owns one of the most prestigious names in Facilities Management in the UK. Due to growth and a multitude of sales opportunities they are seeking an experienced bid professional to develop a small team, to manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the bid process ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered.
You do not need industry knowledge (however any knowledge of the outsourced sector would be advantageous) - more important is the ability to manage the bid process.
This is a company that are heavily investing in its bids function and team that are delivering state of the art bid solutions in a fun and driven environment.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £60K
- An opportunity to be master of your destiny- with input on bid strategy and development
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- fantastic modern offices in the centre of London
What are they asking for?
- Previous experience of managing bids from cradle to the deal
- Sound commercial analytical background together with demonstrated cost modelling experience would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills- this role could involve client meetings and site visits
- Candidate needs to live a commutable distance from London but would need to be able to travel nationally (on rare occasions)
- Work closely with the sales and operations teams to agree bid strategies
- Ensure the effective delivery of all bids (ranging in value from £100K to multi million)
- Attend key customer meetings and industry events
- Preparing and reviewing all commercial aspects of the bids
- Form relationships with customers to develop a clear understanding of their requirements
- Ensuring work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and requirements of co procedures
- Oversee and lead the preparation, coordination and delivery of presentations to customers as required, to successfully secure orders
- Contribute to pre-bid research and capture planning.
- Manage production of pre-qualification documentation.
- Ensure consistency of approach across multi-function team
- Matrix Management of internal resources to ensure all areas of the bid are correctly represented e.g. Commercial, Safety & Quality, Finance, HR.
- Project manage the day to day bid effort, including governance, solution development and bid production, ensuring adherence to customer schedule and target costs.
- Manage bid approvals in line with Group's corporate governance policies
- Challenge the status-quo on our bid approaches to consistently deliver better savings and efficiencies than our competitors.
- Run debriefs following each bid process to discuss learning points and implement agreed actions.
- have you been responsible for managing the bid process from cradle to the deal
do you have experience within the B2B services sector
would you be comfortable meeting clients and conducting site visits
Key Search Terms: Bid Tender Management Proposals RFI PQQ Management recruitment
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran rather than applying again.