Our client has grown exponentially in the last year via an innovative strategy under the leadgership of a forward thinking leadership team. Due to this growth and a multitude of sales opportunities they are seeking an experienced and self starting bid professional with a good track record in the industry (manned guarding secity services)
This is an amazing opportunity to join one ogf the industry's new leaders, decide on a bid strategy, start a formal tender campaign, develop a small team, to manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the bid process ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered.
This is a company that are heavily investing in its bids function and team that to ensure they deliver state of the art bid solutions in a fun and driven environment.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £65K
- An opportunity to be master of your destiny- with input on bid strategy and development
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- working from home or offiices in London /Swindon.
What are they asking for?
The successful candidate will have previous experience of managing bids from cradle to the deal withing the security or facilities management arena with experience of leading or input to a bid strategy. You will be a proven self starter with sound commercial analytical background (cost modelling experience would be advantageous). In interview you will demonstrate strong communication skills- this role could involve client meetings and site visits. You will need to Candidate to live a commutable distance from London but would need to be able to travel nationally (on rare occasions)
- Work closely with the sales and operations teams to agree bid strategies
- Ensure the effective delivery of all bids (ranging in value from £100K to multi million)
- Attend key customer meetings and industry events
- Preparing and reviewing all commercial aspects of the bids
- Form relationships with customers to develop a clear understanding of their requirements
- Ensuring work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and requirements of co procedures
- Oversee and lead the preparation, coordination and delivery of presentations to customers as required, to successfully secure orders
- Contribute to pre-bid research and capture planning.
- Manage production of pre-qualification documentation.
- Ensure consistency of approach across multi-function team
- Matrix Management of internal resources to ensure all areas of the bid are correctly represented e.g. Commercial, Safety & Quality, Finance, HR.
- Project manage the day to day bid effort, including governance, solution development and bid production, ensuring adherence to customer schedule and target costs.
- Manage bid approvals in line with Group's corporate governance policies
- Challenge the status-quo on our bid approaches to consistently deliver better savings and efficiencies than our competitors.
- Run debriefs following each bid process to discuss learning points and implement agreed actions.
If you can answer Yes to the following please apply: we look forward to hearing from you.
- have you been responsible for managing the bid process from cradle to the deal
- do you have experience within the Manned Guarding services sector
- would you be comfortable meeting clients and conducting site visits
Key Search Terms: Bid Tender Management Proposals RFI PQQ Management recruitment
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran rather than applying again.