Our client is a quality driven national provider of Facilities Management. Due to growth and a multitude of sales opportunities they are seeking an experienced bid manager or writer to join a small, dynamic team, to help manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the bid process ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered.
You do not need industry knowledge (however knowledge of the outsourced or service sector would be advantageous) - more important is the ability to manage the bid process whilst writing compelling content. This is a company that are heavily investing in its bids and tenders function and are developing a team that are delivering state of the art bid solutions in a fun and driven environment.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £55K
- An opportunity to be master of your destiny- with input on bid strategy and development
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload and perhaps develop into a Head of Bid role.
What are they asking for?
The ideal candidate for this position will contribute by bringing tender structure and organisation and will enjoy working alongside a friendly and supportive team of professionals. They will gain satisfaction from writing in a clear, creative and articulate manner and will promote co-operation within the team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and accurate in their approach to work, paying great attention to detail.
You will have previous experience of managing tenders from cradle to the deal along with strong communication skills- this role could involve client meetings and site visits.
Any Adobe knowledge will be advantageous but more important is the ability to write creative and compelling content and the drive to help develop the company’s bid function. In interview you will demonstrate sound commercial analytical skills and any demonstrated cost modelling experience would be advantageous. Candidate needs to live a commutable distance from London to commute once a week but would need to be able to travel nationally (on rare occasions)
- Ensure the effective delivery of all bids (ranging in value from £100K to multi million)
- Attend key customer meetings and industry events
- Preparing and reviewing all commercial aspects of the bids
- Form relationships with customers to develop a clear understanding of their requirements
- Oversee and lead the preparation, coordination and delivery of presentations to customers as required, to successfully secure orders
- Pre-bid research + capture planning + manage production of pre-qualification documentation.
- Ensure consistency of approach across multi-function team
- Matrix Management of internal resources
- Project manage the day to day bid effort, including governance, solution development and bid production, ensuring adherence to customer schedule and target costs.
- Manage bid approvals in line with Group's corporate governance policies
- Challenge the status-quo on our bid approaches to consistently deliver better savings and efficiencies than our competitors.
- Run debriefs following to discuss learning points and implement agreed actions.
Key Search Terms: Bid Tender Management Proposals RFI PQQ Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.
- 1 Have you worked for less than three companies in the last (pre covid) five years?
- 2 Do you have previous bid writing experience?
- Can you manage the bid process from cradle to grave- whilst still writing compelling content?