Our client is one of the leading suppliers of security and facilities management services across the public and private sector in the UK. Due to business demand they are now looking for an experienced bid professional to manage the end-to-end production of highly credible tender proposals that successfully convert business opportunities into profitable contracts across a wide range of services.
You could be an existing Bid Manager looking to develop your career. Alternatively you are Bid Writer looking to step up into a senior position.
The role will provide the right candidate with a fantastic opportunity to influence the success of the business as well as to learn about the company, public sector procurement and commercial tenders.
The scope of the role is broad and encompasses the full project management of tender/proposal production. It includes development of tender strategies, authoring bespoke written content, evaluation of commercial terms and conditions, and overall management of the offer.
They are looking for someone who will appreciate the support that a connected team can give. If you want input into the bid strategy and process please apply as this is a collaborative team where your opinions count and the success of the company is entwined with a successful bid team
What are they offering?
- A Competitive salary in the region up to 55,000
- Growing + ambitious company/group: creating numerous career opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including private healthcare, life assurance and pension
- 25 days holiday
- Reporting to a supportive and friendly Sales Director
- Great opportunity to develop bid writing skills in this “bid centric” sector
What are they asking for?
- Tender management/co-ordination or writing experience with capability to co-ordinate and manage all aspects of the tender process. You will be able to take a bid from pre qual questionnaire to tender presentation
- Quality focused with previous experience of writing compelling tender submissions. Articulate with strong writing skills and a good standard of English, exceptional organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience in the evaluation of customer’s terms and conditions of contract. Identify of undesirable clauses and quantifying the associated business risks
- Ability to collect assimilate and correctly interpret complex information from different sources
Responsibilities will include;
- Development and production of winning tender proposals that secure profitable contracts.
- Overall project management of the tender process ensuring that proposals are developed authorised and approved in accordance with company procedures.
- Review commercial terms and preparation of recommendations to mitigate commercial risk
- Proposals are correctly completed and of a consistently high standard
- Production of high quality tender documentation incorporating standard content and bespoke responses. Coordinating recognised company expert’s contributions at appropriate levels.
Bid Writing Security ITT RFI RFP OJEU Tenders Pre-qualifications Presentations
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy. If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.