(optional hybrid model= working from home with adhoc visits to hub office locations or client site)
A national provider of Hard FM are seeking an experienced bid manager (proposal manager) to manage all day-to-day aspects of bids and proposals, whilst working to strict deadlines. Working with Solutions Directors, they will develop an understanding of both the client’s explicit requirements and their underlying drivers and be able to articulate both in developing compelling proposals. They will work closely with the commercial, legal and operational functions and will be responsible for implementing Proposal Management processes and governance procedures. The role also includes the responsibility of authoring of responses, reviewing responses and producing high quality bid proposal documents
The role is a development opportunity and as such the holder will be encouraged to develop technically and professionally including funding and time allowed for APMP qualifications.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £55K + bonus (team on course to earn £9K each this year)
- Optional Hybrid WFH model
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload and develop career
- APMP funding
What are they asking for?
You will have experience of bid management or bid writing in a Hard FM or related environment. The ideal candidate for this position will contribute by bringing tender structure and organisation and will enjoy working alongside a friendly and supportive team of professionals.
This role requires a collaborative approach, meticulous attention to detail, excellent organisation, communication and writing skills combined with an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. You will have previous experience of managing tenders from cradle to the deal along with strong communication skills- this role could involve client meetings and site visits.
In interview you will demonstrate sound commercial analytical skills and an ability to communicate and influence stakeholders up to senior level (essential)
- Undertake detailed client, project and stakeholder research
- Facilitate workshops with team to develop win strategy and share knowledge
- develop answer plans to ensure the strategy is embedded in the tender submission
- assist in the development and communication of proposal management process
- Review all tender documents to understand client requirements and deliverables
- leading bid meetings - identify deliverables, allocate owners and set deadlines for content
- Answer plan bid responses – building in the bid strategy
- Write/develop all non-technical content (Quality, HSE, CVs, experience etc.)
- Support on technical content - understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues – interviewing and questioning delivery employees as required
- Ensure that project solutions demonstrate clear USPs and key strategic advantage
- Create and manage storyboarding sessions
- Arrange rehearsal sessions and prepare team
- Develop content that demonstrates the win themes and clearly responds to the agenda
Key Search Terms: Bid Tender Management Proposals RFI PQQ Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.