Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a for an enthusiastic, articulate individual with prior bid-writing and coordination experience, ideally from within a hard or soft FM (mechanical & electrical/cleaning/security) environment, to join their growing team.
The successful candidate will be writing and coordinating bids for a wide range of environments, including commercial, shopping centres, leisure destinations, historic buildings and many more. Additionally, you will work on total FM opportunities.
What are they offering:
- A basic salary to £34,000
- Discretionary bonus scheme, achieved through participation in team target
- Office-based (with flexibility to work from home on occasion)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support to the bid manager and business development team in the creation of high quality documents and presentations, working to exact deadlines. You will be expected to write compelling, succinct responses to customer PQQs, ITTs and RFPs using your strong command of English and ability to write autonomously and knowledgeably about FM contracts.
- Additionally, you will be expected to take ownership of the bid process for some opportunities, supported by the business development team.
- You will have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and preferably other graphical software, supplemented by a positive attitude, flexibility and willingness to learn. You will be speaking to and working with many levels of management and liaising with potential and current customers.
- You must be reliable, enthusiastic and have an eye for detail. Experience or understanding of contract management (from an administrative or operative role) and commercials would be beneficial.
- This role would suit an individual who enjoys and excels at writing persuasively and would like to develop their broader bid management capabilities.
- Working autonomously and prioritising workload to write, coordinate, review and complete bids in a timely fashion
- Building positive internal relationships to collate and gather information in response to questions, writing accurate narrative for the management and delivery of services
- Organising layout and working within the confines of each customer's bid requirements * Creating bespoke, eye-catching, memorable documents and presentations
What are they looking for?
- Excellent written English
- Proven, successful bid-writing experience from within both the public and private sectors
- Eye for detail
- Ability to present information visually * Time management and planning
- IT skills: o Microsoft Word o Microsoft Powerpoint o Understanding of Microsoft Office styles and consistent branding
- Familiarity with the facilities management sector
- Shipley training or similar
- that you hold a Degree-educated or relevant qualification
- Familiarity with:
- Publishing programs such as InDesign or Scribus
- Microsoft Excel
- How to prepare documents for print