Our client is one of the leading suppliers of security and facilities management services across the public and private sector in the UK. Due to business demand they are now looking for an bid writer to join their busy bid, sales and marketing team by producing high end quality highly credible tender proposals that successfully convert business opportunities into profitable contracts across a wide range of services.
You could be an existing Bid Writer looking to develop your career in a supportive environment where your opinion matters. Alternatively you are in a bid co-ordination role or perhaps a marketing or sales role where you have had exposure to a bid environment and looking for a step into Bid writing. Your CV in terms of content, style and quality will evidence your ability to write with compelling content.
The role will provide the right candidate with a fantastic opportunity to influence the success of the business as well as to learn about the company, public sector procurement and commercial tenders.
You will get involved with and support the full project management of tender/proposal production. This includes development of tender strategies, authoring bespoke written content, evaluation of commercial terms and conditions, and overall management of the offer.
They are looking for someone who will appreciate the support that a connected team can give. If you want input into the bid strategy and process please apply as this is a collaborative team where your opinions count and the success of the company is entwined with a successful bid team. You will also enjoy working in a supportive environment : one of the existing bid team described the company "like having a second family"
What are they offering?
- A Competitive salary in the region up to 55 000
- working from home option : up to 2 days a week or alternatively an option to work part-time Tuesday - Friday is also available.
- Growing + ambitious company/group: creating numerous career opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including private healthcare, life assurance and pension
- 25 days holiday
- Reporting to a supportive and friendly Sales Director
- Great opportunity to develop bid writing skills in this "bid centric" sector with paid training towards bid management qualification
- In design training
What are they asking for?
- Ideally a background in tender management/co-ordination or writing experience with capability to co-ordinate and manage all aspects of the tender process. You will be able to take a bid from pre qual questionnaire to tender presentation
- Alternatively- you will have had exposure to what a bid team do and be able to demonstrate the ability to write compelling content
- Quality focused with previous experience of writing compelling tender submissions. Articulate with strong writing skills and a good standard of English, exceptional organisational skills and excellent attention to detail (so no typos on the CV!!)
- Experience in the evaluation of customer's terms and conditions of contract. Identify of undesirable clauses and quantifying the associated business risks
- Ability to collect assimilate and correctly interpret complex information from different sources
- An enquiring mind: you will want to know as much as poss about a client before embarking on a project and will be the type to prepare for interview by looking at the website, investigating the industry and reading recent client and employee newsletters etc.
Responsibilities will include;
- Development and production of winning tender proposals that secure profitable contracts.
- supporting the project management of the tender process ensuring that proposals are developed authorised and approved in accordance with company procedures.
- Review commercial terms and preparation of recommendations to mitigate commercial risk
- Proposals are correctly completed and of a consistently high standard
- Production of high quality tender documentation incorporating standard content and bespoke responses. Coordinating recognised company expert's contributions at appropriate levels.
Bid Writing Security ITT RFI RFP OJEU Tenders Pre-qualifications Presentations
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy. If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.