A leading International manned guarding security provider, is seeking to invest in a Business Development Manager in the South of England to convert immediate opportunities and to also identify, develop and secure new strategic business within the region. (Nottingham, downwards to South Coast and across to Bristol)
Previous manned guarding sales background is not essential as previous successful candidates have come from backgrounds such as Fire, Electronic Systems, Facilities, Pest Control and Cleaning. However, irrespective of your previous sector experience, you must be able to demonstrate a successful career path in sales and will be comfortable in selling and converting leads to the value of £1m within the Corporate, Public Sector and Property Management sector.
You could also be an experience Security operations professional looking for the move into Sales.
This is a Region role covering from Nottingham downwards to Kent and across to Bristol: Therefore, the candidate can be based anywhere within the South with monthly travel to London.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager you will be responsible for identifying and converting existing leads, of which 75% of these are incoming to achieve target.
What are they offering?
- Basic Salary to £42,000 depending on experience
- Prestigious car/ allowance, unlimited commission + accelerated bonus targets.
- A generous pension and 25 days holiday a year.
- An existing pipeline that needs converting (75% of leads will be incoming)
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- Realistic career opportunities.
What are they asking for?
You are an experienced business development or sales professional who has a solid and successful sales career. Confident in your ability to take advantage of multi incoming business enquiries along with the enthusiasm to learn how to cost opportunities you will be able to demonstrate in interview your understanding of the commercial implications from previous success. (margin versus profit etc)
It goes without saying that you are persuasive + credible with an ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment + closing. An ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face with clients and internally is essential as is a full UK driving license
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy (business development)
- Generate growth by keen networking and cold calling to identified clients
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead and/or support in the negotiation or re-negotiation of all sales opportunities
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector
Key Search Terms:
Security Manned Guarding Sales Business Development Manager Tender Management Facilities