A leading name in the provision of Security (mainly Manned Guarding + Systems) in the UK are seeking an experienced (Security Industry) sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new strategic business within the UK mainly SE market. These guys have an aggressive sales and acquisition strategy and this is a great opportunity to join at the beginning of this part of the story.
You must have Manned Guarding business development experience and an ability to bid for and win £500K+ deals. This company will support you with resources and time to pipeline: they have a long-term sales strategy in which a polished sales professional will thrive.
You will be part of a niche sales team concentrating on strategic (high value) business opportunities. Its key that you can quickly establish relationships with key contacts and focus on the closing of deals.
This role will be supported by an experienced sales support + bid management team
City of London Head Office but mainly working from home and client sites
What are they offering?
- Salary to £80K with realistic OTE £150K + "Proper Pension" + Health benefits
- An existing pipeline that needs converting
- Prestigious car (5 series)/ 6K allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- Full support from an experienced and innovative bid team
What are they asking for?
"A grounded commercially orientated professional"
- Sound security B2B Manned Guarding sales experience and wide business acumen
- Ability to cost opportunities identified
- Persuasive and credible with ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment
- Quality presenter with ability to close
- ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- organisational and time management skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must hold a valid full UK driving license
- passion for chosen sectors and services: wide knowledge of trends and macro 'drivers' in industry
- overcome barriers to win business + focuses on results aiming to deliver extraordinary performance
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy
- Generate growth by keen networking and responding to enquiries
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead the negotiation or re-negotiation of sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector
- Develop and convert a sales pipeline that ensures personal OM sales targets are
- Have you been responsible for winning £500K opportunities?
Do you have strong networks/relationships within destination Manned Guarding clients?
Are you capable of managing the delivery of compelling and winning bids?
We are looking to set up teephone interviews as soon as possible.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security and Facilities Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.