2544 AC Business Development Manager; London
Field based: working from home + London office.
Our client is a growing provider of Manned Guarding who due to growth plans are seeking an experienced (manned guarding) sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new business within the South East + London Market
You will need to be based close to or within their targeted patch: Home Counties + within M25.
As part of a strategy to develop a more diversified client base (moving into corporate) and service offering (adding security systems) this company is investing in bid support/marketing to assist this role and will support you with resources + time to build pipeline: with a long-term sales strategy in which a polished sales professional will thrive. You will report to an experienced Sales Director.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £45K depending on experience
- An existing extensive client database to leverage from
- Prestigious car/ allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Growing company with the ability to fulfil opportunities when others cannot.
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
What are they asking for?
You will come from a manned guarding BD background or have experience selling into the construction industry/built environment previously (plant, recruitment etc) with an ability to switch style depending on whether you are selling in a site environment or a more corporate setting.
- Ability to cost opportunities, present and close with excellent financial + commercial awareness
- Persuasive + credible with ability to sell concepts + ideas by gaining commitment
- Ability to quickly develop rapport but can overcome barriers to win business
- Demonstrates ability to forge and maintain relationships digitally, over the telephone and face- face
- organisational and time management skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must hold a valid full UK driving license
- Focuses on results and aims to deliver an extraordinary performance- self motivating and a demonstrable desire to succeed.
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy
- Generate growth by keen networking and cold calling to identified clients
- Consultative selling of range of services: mainly static manned guarding but to include patrol + response along with security systems.
- Preparation of competitive, yet profitable pricing/quotes.
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead and/or support in the negotiation or re-negotiation of all sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector
Key Search Terms:
Security Manned Guarding Sales Business Development Tender Management Facilities Mobile Response, Outsourced Services, Construction,