Sales background needed but industry experience not required. A leading national Facilities Management client who are one of the leading suppliers of Security Services including Manned Guarding, Patrol + responses + Systems are seeking an experienced business developer to develop opportunities selling security services into the Corporate sectors.
Due to growth and a multitude of sales opportunities they are seeking an experienced (service sector or security related) sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new business.
You do not need security industry, but a strong history of sales is a must. You will need to be based within an hour from Manchester and be able to travel extensively across the NW area. This company will support you with resources + time to build that pipeline: with a long-term sales strategy in which a polished sales professional will thrive.
You will report to the Sales Director and be part of a national team of Business Development Managers. A full detailed and structured training program is on offer.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £45K
- An existing pipeline that needs converting
- Car / allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects OTE £70K+ (year 1)
- Fast growing player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
What are they asking for?
- Strong sales background is needed - previous successful candidates have come from a range of backgrounds including financial advice, double glazing, pest control and a QVC presenter.
- Any service sector knowledge or security related sales experience sector would be useful- e.g. manned guarding, security, cleaning Facilities Management, Cleaning, Outsourced Services, Reception, Concierge services, Recruitment, Vacant/Void Property (and wide business acumen).
- Ability to cost opportunities identified Quality presenter ability to close.
- Persuasive and credible with ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment.
- Ability to quickly develop rapport but can overcome barriers to win business.
- Ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face.
- Organisational and time management skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Must hold a valid full UK driving license.
- Focuses on results and aims to deliver an extraordinary performance.
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy
- Generate growth by keen networking and developing identified clients
- Consultative selling of range of services: e.g., static manned guarding, patrol + response along with security systems
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead and/or support in the negotiation of sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector