Palmer McCarthy have teamed up with a one of the UK's leading providers of electronic integrated security to assist them in their search for a Business Development Manager. These guys have a pedigree within leisure, gaming, retail and facilities management and would like to strengthen their position as a key service provider in these market sectors.
What are they offering?
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 basic with an achievable OTE of £75,000 - £80,000
- Commission scheme,
- Vehicle allowance and usual company tools.
What are they asking for?
We seek applications from experienced new business developers who have a demonstrably successful track record within the high-end security systems market space winning contracts in this challenging environment, whilst delivering excellent account management/support and developing existing customers and contacts.
- Experience of customer relationship management processes and systems
- Key competencies comprising selling, interpersonal and team-working skills
- Excellence in both verbal and written communication including bid writing and support to marketing colleagues
- IT literate with a knowledge of MS Office based packages is preferable
- A professional and solutions-based approach to exceeding customer service requirements
- Expertise in pipeline development and conversion
- Success in both developing new business and growing established customer accounts
- Knowledge of/experience of working with high end clients and Major contractors
Responsibilities will include;
- Achieve sales/order intake targets so that the business achieves its strategic plan for profitable and sustainable growth in Projects
- Identify, qualify and win new Projects opportunities
- Proactively manage relationships and drive business growth from targeted market segments with customers who are serious about the security of their business
- Develop relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within target markets and client organisations so that G4S FSS image is enhanced and growth is realised
- Conduct surveys and assist with associated designs and quotations
- Facilitate and deliver demonstrations and presentations to prospective clients and existing customers
- Proactively research the market and competitors to maximise our positioning and provide intelligence in relation to products, pricing, performance and presentation, reviewing business objectives and plan ahead in line with business plans & annual fiscal targets.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate pipeline forecasts
- Produce accurate monthly reports in a timely manner
- Identify and progress pre-qualification requirements
- Manage internal relationships and leverage internal resources/expertise to leverage sales
- Maintain the company's customer information database (Salesforce) and ensure that management team are kept fully informed through regular feedback and reports
- Negotiate commercial arrangements with customers subject to agreed and approved criteria.
- Work alongside the bid and design teams in the development of proposals, system designs & quotations and assist with preparation of quotations and tenders for new and existing customers and following up in a very professional manner.
- Provide design, technical estimating and buying support for the business
- Work alongside installations and service departments to ensure project delivery and customer satisfaction
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- To be fully conversant and compliant with all Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
- To fully comply with all Quality, Environmental Health and Safety directives including but not limited to PPE, Accident Reporting, RAMS
- Strong technical proven sales ability in the security and/or fire market (multi-discipline technical ability is not necessary but preferable)
- Proven success in sales
- Track record in negotiating major contracts for installation projects
Business Development; Security; Systems; Access Control; Security; Manned Guarding;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.