A national market leader in the provision of manned guarding services to a variety of markets: estate management, transport, local government, retail, commercial, distribution, arts and leisure.
They seek a sales professional to help develop, and secure new business within the above chosen markets. This is a regional role based out of the City but covering the patch within the M25.
You will be working with an established Business Development Director and the division has a constant stream of incoming enquires. They require a sales professional to help convert these via management of the sales and bid process.This is not a hunter of cold new business role - there is a relentless number of incoming queries that requires a commercially savvy individual to decide on what to pursue. Your skill will lie in the ability to manage the sales process from initial enquiry, fact finding, tender response and presentation through to ensuring a smooth transition to mobilisation from your op's colleagues.
This is a City centric role so will give invaluable experience of the sector, the contacts and the players
A guarding sales background would be advantageous, but applications are sought from other soft FM disciplines e.g. cleaning or other security functions e.g. CCTV, Access Control, Monitoring Centre etc.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £50K depending on experience
- Prestigious car/ allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects (OTE 100K Yr. 1)
- An existing client base from which to leverage from and great support from telesales team + Ops
What are they asking for?
- wide business acumen with ability to cost opportunities identified
- Persuasive and credible with ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely as needed
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- organisational and time management skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must hold a valid full UK driving license
- passion for chosen sectors and services: wide knowledge of trends and macro 'drivers' in industry
- Focused on hitting deadlines + Goals driven + Can overcome barriers to win business
- Focuses on results and aims to deliver an extraordinary performance
- Work with Sales Director to deliver new business development strategy in your area
- Lead and/or support in the negotiation or re-negotiation of all sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- Move enquiries through pipeline to tender or proposal stage
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Develop and convert a sales pipeline that ensures personal OM sales targets are
Key Search Terms: Security Manned Guarding Sales Business Development Tender Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security + Property related markets and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.