Midlands and South East region: candidate must live on patch
Our client is one of the leading suppliers of Facilities Management soft services across the public and private sector in the UK. Due to a recent restructure (based on exponential growth) they are now looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to develop their growing cleaning business.
You will be tasked with identifying and developing Cleaning and related FM sales opportunities.They are seeking a cleaning sales professional to proactively identify, develop and secure new business within your region. Targeted business will mainly be in the Midlands and the South. This company will support you with resources and time to build that pipeline: they have a long term sales strategy in which a polished knowledgeable sales professional will thrive. Support is available by the Senior Management team for complex large pitches and strategies. Full bid support and tele appointing is also on offer.
What are they offering?
Competitive salary in the region up to £45 000 is on offer. + car.
Growing + ambitious company/group: creating numerous career opportunities
Comprehensive Benefits package including private healthcare, life assurance and pension
What are they asking for?
- The person must be able to survey and specify for a cleaning or other FM service opportunity. So, for example, know what cleaning equipment may be needed and accurately price an opportunity based on a site survey, including an assessment of risk which may require additional mitigation and therefore cost. Experience in this area is essential.
- Experience of surveying and specifying cleaning and FM opportunities is the main requirement. Qualifications supporting this requirement are advantageous, for example a business degree, sales training courses and BIFM qualifications.
- Commercial Awareness, Problem Solving, Sound judgement, Persuasiveness
- Proactive – ability to think outside the box Experience of designing and producing bids.
- Cleaning Sales experience: 85% of the role will developing accounts and New Business
- Structured and consistent reporting writing and project presentation
- Ability to work with senior levels of client and internal management,
- Persuasive and credible with ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely as needed
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- Must hold a valid full UK driving license
- Focused on hitting deadlines + Goals driven
- Ability to ravel to Bedfordshire at least a couple of times a week
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy
- Generate growth by keen networking and cold calling to identified clients
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead and/or support in the negotiation of all sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- execute a sales plan including a target and lead list with known tender dates, and convert plan Develop and maintain relationships with targets at decision maker level
- Move targets through pipeline to tender or proposal stage
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector
Key Search Terms:
Cleaning Facilities Management Sales Business Development Tender Management Pipeline Bid
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security + Property related markets and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.