Field based role: working from home + local office. (must be located within 2 hours Stanstead)
Sales background in Manned Guarding Security required.
A growing international name in the provision of Security Services including Manned Guarding, Security Systems, Close Protection and Risk Management are seeking an experienced business developer to develop opportunities selling into the corporate, leisure, commercial private and public sectors.
You will be based at home with occasional visits to the Essex Head Office therefore you could live anywhere in UK south of Leicester (or within 2 hours of Stanstead) This is not a cold calling role, but you will need to be able to manage business development, qualify leads, develop relationships, sales, tender submissions and follow up and overall control of sales delivery including management of the CRM.
This is an exciting time to join as they have taken on several new projects and are keen to continue this journey. The company has grown exponentially and now require a business developer to take responsibility for delivering more growth opportunities. The immediate task is to manage the incoming opportunities via word of mouth and portals. You will be reporting into a Divisional Director with the support of a Bid Executive.
You will need a manned guarding business development background. This company is investing in bid support to assist this role and support you with resources + time to build that pipeline: with a long-term sales strategy in which a polished sales professional will thrive.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £55K with realistic OTE £80K Year 1 and then up to you
- Company Car or Allowance
- Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- existing and interesting client base (for testimonials and reference points)
- unlimited commission and great career prospects
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
What are they asking for?
In addition to the above you will have experience in sales, business development and report writing. You will demonstrate the ability to manage your itinerary and time effectively, in order to facilitate both field-based sales and working from an office environment.
At interview you will prove your ability to build relationships and communicate effectively showing how persuasive and credible you are with the ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment. You will demonstrate your ability to quickly develop rapport and point to examples of where you have overcome barriers to win business
It’s a given that you have a full drivers licence and that you possess the organisational and time management skills to manage conflicting priorities
- Identify opportunities for growth (lead generation) within new clients and execute strategy
- Using appropriate social media to raise brand awareness
- Generate growth by networking and responding to enquiries, developing relationships, presenting solutions and closing deals
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead the negotiation or re-negotiation of sales opportunities
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant networking events and actively pursue opportunities within the sector
- Develop and convert a sales pipeline that ensures personal sales targets are met
Key Search Terms:
Security Manned Guarding Sales Business Development Tender Management Facilities Mobile Response, Outsourced Services, Reception, Concierge services,
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy. If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.