Sales background needed but industry experience not required. Our client is a national leader in the provision of security services that owns one of the most prestigious names in Manned Guarding in the UK. Due to growth and a multitude of sales opportunities they are seeking an experienced (service sector or security related) sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new business mainly across the Greater Manchester area but you will also develop opportunities across the Northwest.
You do not need a manned guarding background but a strong history of B2B sales within a related service-based industry, security related or security systems is a must. You will need to be based within an hour + half from the centre of Manchester with the ability to travel extensively across the area. This company will support you with resources + time to build that pipeline: with a long-term sales strategy in which a polished sales professional will thrive.
You will report to the Sales Director and be part of a national team of Business Development Managers. A full detailed and structured training program is on offer, and you will be working with a very commercially focused operational team. You will be working as part of a national BD team and working closely with a local operational team of subject matter experts.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £55K depending on experience
- An existing pipeline that needs converting
- Prestigious car/ 5K allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects OTE £90K+
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
What are they asking for?
You will have sales experience within a people services environment or within the security related sector e.g., Manned guarding, security, cleaning Facilities Management, Cleaning, Outsourced Services, Reception, Concierge services, Recruitment, Vacant/Void Property (and wide business acumen).
At interview you will demonstrate a persuasive and credible style with an ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment along with the skills to quickly develop rapport whilst overcoming barriers to win business.
You will be proud of a successful track record and will be able to point to using your organisational and time management skills to manage conflicting priorities.
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy
- Generate growth by keen networking and developing identified clients
- Consultative selling of range of services: mainly static manned guarding but to include patrol + response along with security systems.
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead and/or support in the negotiation or re-negotiation of all sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector