Business Development Manager – CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Alarms - St Albans
A growing name in the design, maintenance and monitoring of security systems. Systems are seeking an experienced sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new business with end users. You will need experience of selling CCTV, Access Control and Intruder solutions.
We seek applications from experienced new business developers who have a demonstrably successful track record winning contracts in this challenging environment, whilst delivering excellent account management/support and developing existing customers and contacts.
You will be confident in your ability to win deals contributing to an individual target. You will be part of a supportive team. It is key that you can quickly establish relationships with key contacts and focus on the closing of deals.
What are they offering?
The successful candidate will be expected to achieve and exceed sales targets in line with the business strategy and individual targets whilst nurturing strong, professional and credible working relationships with the customer base. Sales achievements will be rewarded with an attractive basic salary, motivating bonus scheme, car and benefits
- Salary to £40 + "Proper Pension" + Health benefits
- Car or allowance Fuel Card (Registered for congestion charge and pay by phone parking)
- unlimited commission and great career prospects
- established player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true supportive meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload (no micromanagement)
What are they asking for?
- Strong CCTV /Access Control proven sales ability + comfortable with taking a relationship from the beginning (cold call) to the closing of a deal.
- Demonstrates energy and a focus on results, coupled with real imagination and flair to develop compelling propositions
- Expert in pipeline development and conversion
- Success in both developing new business and growing established customer accounts
- Ability (perhaps proven) to win substantial amounts of business
- whilst the majority of your time will be out meeting clients you will need to live within an hour of St Albans, Hertfordshire and you will need a full drivers licence
- Selling the full electronic product portfolio including Access Control (Paxton), Intruder Alarms (Visonic) and CCTV systems (GeoVision) to the commercial and industrial sector.
- Meeting with clients, carrying out surveys and completing tenders and proposals.
- Develop relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within target markets and client organisations so company image is enhanced, and growth is realised
- Achieve sales/order intake targets so that the business achieves its strategic plan
- Proactively manage relationships and drive business growth from targeted market segments with customers who are serious about the security of their business
- Conduct surveys and assist with associated designs and quotations
- Facilitate and deliver demonstrations to prospective clients and existing customers
- Identify and progress pre-qualification requirements
- Manage internal relationships and leverage internal resources/expertise to leverage sales
- Maintain the company's customer information database (Salesforce) and ensure that management team are kept fully informed through regular feedback and reports
- Negotiate commercial arrangements with customers subject to agreed and approved criteria.
- Work alongside installations and service departments to ensure project delivery
- Track record in negotiating major contracts for installation projects
Key Search Terms: Security Systems Access Control CCTV Sales Business Development Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again