An international leading name in the manufacture of Security Systems inc. Access Control + key management systems are seeking a sales professional to convert immediate opportunities and identify, develop + secure new strategic business within the data centre vertical market. You will report to a Sales Director and be part of a national + close-knit Business Development team.
You will need experience of selling into the Data Centre market (any product or service)
LOCATION: Home Based – with monthly Head Office visits and selling to a national patch.
You will be mixing digital meetings with physical travel + could be based in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, London, Cambridge, North, Milton Keynes, Southampton, Northampton …
Their major USP is that they offer high end quality product and you will be able to sell into established installers within the sector and End Users.
What are they offering?
The successful Business Development Manager will be expected to exceed sales targets in line with the business strategy whilst nurturing strong, professional and credible working relationships with the customer base. Sales achievements will be rewarded with a very attractive basic salary, motivating bonus scheme, car and benefits
- Supportive senior team with realistic expectations
- Salary to £55K with realistic OTE £70K (in year 1) + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- an existing pipeline that needs converting
- Prestigious car or allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- The position will be supported, by a team of pre-sales and technical engineers
- Lead + enquiry generation service provided by team
- Existing and Lapsed + identified client list to immediately start developing
What are they asking for?
We seek applications from experienced new business developers who have a successful track record within the data centre market
- Expertise in pipeline development and conversion: new business and established customers
- A consultative style- fitting the right solution to the client’s needs
- You will be comfortable selling in their sweet spot range of £50K + solutions deals
- A technical understanding as selling into System Integrators and Security Installers with a good understanding of technologically advanced products
- You know how to sell on features and benefits rather than price
- Tenacious approach, under-pinned with integrity
- High motivated, bright and energetic personality
- provide full support in all areas of sales, inc customer relationship management of existing customers as well as identifying and acquiring new customers within specific market sectors.
- Majority of your time will be spent generating new business relationships
- Remaining time will be spent managing and expanding existing accounts
- Attend several industry events and conferences
- Working with specification such as M&E, Consultants and Architects presenting CPD’s
Key Search Terms: Security Systems Access Control Sales Business Development. Data Centre Data Center
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management s sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again
- 1 Have you worked for less than three companies in the last (pre covid) five years?
- Can you point to success selling into the Data Centre market (any product or service)
- growing business- massive opportunities + career opportunities
- supportive and strong management team.