A leading global Protective Services group are looking for a Business Manager to help manage and develop a portfolio within the M25. These guys are a top brand/employer looking after destination clients. You do not necessarily need to come from a Security Management background.
This company is a leader in the provision of Security Services and the key purpose of this role is to drive profitable growth through development and leadership of an effective team that operates via delivery of excellent service to existing Local and National customers, improving operating efficiency and by converting traditional guarding business into a solutions contract. (i.e. a more technical mix with a more holistic array of services including on site, mobile, electronic, remote security and corporate risk management).
There is a strong element of sales and growth in this role. This will involve expanding your network of new prospective customers through promotion of services and converting them to your local portfolio. You will build and sustain strong long-lasting relationships with clients and maintain frequent contact.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £47K + company car / £5K car allowance + bonus scheme
- career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development- this role will be part of a fast track to Director level role
- Support from hands-on manager + stable, exciting and modern environment
What are they asking for?
Our client is looking for an individual with a strong mix of sales, people, strategy and Profit + Loss management. Your role will be to grow the division via the people management of expert providers and the commercial skills to develop client relationships.
You will be solution focussed with the ability to identify a business opportunity. The industry is moving from a very “personnel on site” solution to one that blends in more technical and remote solutions- therefore you will need to be able to grasp some of these technical solutions quickly.
Interview will be in the form of competency based questions and you should not find it difficult to point to examples of: Managing and Leading others, presentation skills, Manages Self, Decision Making, Planning and Organising, ability to communicate, present and influence credibly at all levels both internally and externally , Business Acumen & Commercial Awareness, Operational Excellence, Strategic Thinking (Planning & forecasting), Existing Customer Management & Sales Development, Relationship building & Networking
You will come from an environment where operational and sales management go hand in hand e.g. Recruitment Management, Retail Store Management, IT Services Management
- Develop and agree a Strategic Plan for its development that:
- To deliver results that meet or exceed the Business Plan; Budget and Forecasts through full responsibility and accountability for the P&L and effective use of Management, other Area staff support functions
- Proactively monitor and identify local opportunities
- Growth of the Portfolio revenue and profitability through maximizing sales and growth opportunities with the existing account base, development of existing contracts, and ensuring the implementation of appropriate price increases. Ensure regular meetings with customers, assessment of satisfaction and compliance with contractual and SLA requirements and continuous improvement.