Our client is one of the leading suppliers of facilities management services (security, cleaning + events) across the public and private sector in the UK. Due to a recent restructure (based on exponential growth) they are now looking for an experienced Contract Manager to manage the operational team within a prestigious rail contract providing Security, Enforcement, Revenue Protection and ATG Gateline service at stations and on trains across the network. The individual would be expected to positively contribute to exceeding the customer's expectations through focusing on staff motivation, morale and performance.
As the Contract Manager within the Security department of the business - you will manage the contract in order to ensure the profit potential of the contract is realised, whilst maintaining high corporate standards at all times. This role will require frequent travel around the London Overland Rail Network with at least 2 days a week based from Camden.
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary in the region up to £40 000 is on offer. + free rail travel across London.
- Growing + ambitious company/group: creating numerous career opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including private healthcare, life assurance and pension
What are they asking for?
- Security Operations Management experience (any rail knowledge will be useful)
- Strong interpersonal skills + professionalism
- Commercial Awareness, Problem Solving, Sound judgement, Persuasiveness
- Passion for excellent customer service Experience in a professional services environment.
- Proactive - ability to think outside the box Experience of designing and producing bids.
- Quest for continuous improvement Possess an excellent level of IT literacy.
- Experience of effectively leading and training teams of at least 75 people
- Service industry experience
- appropriate Security Industry qualification/license
It would be advantageous if you had experience an understanding of the rail sector, and also an appreciation of the law / process around Revenue Protection and the issuing of fixed penalty tickets
- To motivate and support site staff to ensure maximum efficiency, take responsibility for day-today running of the Security and Gateline service to make sure contractual standards, KPI's and SLA's are delivered to our client whilst developing positive relationships with our frontline team, our clients employees and the wider community of invested stakeholders.
- Manage the provision and Issue of all uniforms to new starters together with care instructions and outline standards of presentation including the result of failure to meet those standards.
- Monitor staff performance taking remedial action where required and using corporate guidelines where performance fails to meet the standard. Be responsible for operational performance against defined performance standards as designated by the contract.
- Carry out frequent inspections on staff, compile reports, issue instructions and in general control the service delivery. Report on these matters to Divisional Director on a regular basis. In conjunction with the Divisional Director, ensure staffing levels meet operational requirements, both for existing contract and to meet new business input.
- Ensure service levels are set and monitored in order to deliver high level of service by completing daily cleaning audit, periodic checks, machinery/ equipment checks, and other monitoring tools
- Provide support and guidance to supervisory team. Ensure objectives and performance reviewed.
- Manage the team by means of weekly meetings, reports, counselling and training.
- Ensure supervisors are able to plan for, and accept responsibility for the preparation of rotas, staffing and wage payments for their site staff, and oversee the staffing levels are met.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and service levels including agreed KPIs, design and implement appropriate action plans to improve standards where necessary.
- Ensure effective staff training and development; including succession plans are in place.
Key Search Terms:
Security Manned Guarding Rail Revenue Protection Gateline Enforcement Contract Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.