A national supplier of Facilities Management (mainly cleaning) are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to successfully deliver the operational and financial targets of a Southampton based cleaning contract, ensuring full adherence customer’s terms of business, service level agreements (SLA’s) and industry regulations.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £40 000, Company Car, Career prospects, Pension, Healthcare etc
- Career opportunities- a defined roadmap to Operations Director level
What are they asking for?
- Sound cleaning industry operations knowledge + business acumen gained from working for sector competitor or end client managing cleaning suppliers.
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills – articulate and focused, proficient written skills, good listener
- A good people manager, able to motivate and maximise the contribution of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced numerical skills with the ability to understand and control a budget
- Ability to work collaboratively. Must be willing to be hands on and get involved in day to day activities but also have the ability to delegate, think and plan strategically
- Must hold a full UK driving license
- The candidate will need to be present on site on an ongoing basis- so will need to live within a reasonable commute to Southampton
- Reporting to Divisional MD: manage all contracts to achieve or exceed annual revenue and profit budget
- Ensure service levels delivered adhere to contract terms and client SLA’s
- assess whether innovation/ improvement can be made to service delivery and implement initiatives
- Maximise opportunities to retain and develop contract by maintaining strong client relationship
- Direct staff and monitor performance + managing any staff performance or conduct issues
- recruitment, retention and rostering of contract personnel
- manage assets and materials to ensure meet service delivery needs and spend is within budget
- regular audits across the contract to ensure contract and legal compliance
- Manage client issues log, ensuring timely resolution and ensuring good working relationship
- Promote secure/ safe working environment by carrying out risk assessments and security reviews
- Communicate Health and Safety processes and policies to all staff and ensure they remain adequately trained including contract specific training
- Advise on and introduce innovation in services and products.
- Do you have operations / contract management within the cleaning sector?
- Do you have a valid UK Drivers Licence
- Have you worked for less than 3 companies in the last 5 years
Key Search Terms: Cleaning, Contracts, Operations,