Ref: 2462 A Job Title: Contract Manager: Facilities Management Southampton
A national supplier of Facilities Management are looking for an experienced, analytical and professional Operations Manager (flexible on industry) to successfully deliver the operational and financial targets of a Southampton based strategic and highly visible cleaning contract, ensuring full adherence customer’s terms of business, service level agreements (SLA’s) and industry regulations.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £40 000, Company Car, Career prospects, Pension, Healthcare etc
- career opportunities- a defined roadmap to Operations Director level
What are they asking for?
Along with people management experience you will have advanced numerical skills and commercial awareness with the ability to understand and control a budget along with the analytical ability to understand and manipulate data(you will be able to write formulas + queries in Excel). You will also understand the difference between an average, median and mean.
Your communication and written skills are above average- the need to write and present client reports is essential as will be you willingness to help in putting together bids and tenders for future business.
GCSE English + Maths at C grade or equivalent is an absolute minimum as is a clean Drivers Licence
Innovation and change should excite you and you will be able to give examples in interview of where you and implemented and managed such projects.
The candidate will need to be present on site on an ongoing basis- so will need to live within a reasonable commute to Southampton
Desirable would be facilities management experience, but previous successful candidates have come from a range of industries such as Retail/ Construction or Recruitment Management.
Any of the following would also help: A-Levels or equivalent, ISOH or NEBOSH, Six Sigma, BIC’s
- Reporting to MD: manage all contracts to achieve or exceed annual revenue and profit budget
- Ensure service levels delivered adhere to contract and client SLA’s + invoices are paid within terms
- Assess whether innovation/ improvement can be made to service delivery and implement initiatives
- Maximise opportunities to retain and develop contract by maintaining strong client relationship
- Direct staff and monitor performance + managing any staff performance or conduct issues
- recruitment, retention and rostering of contract personnel
- manage assets and materials to ensure meet service delivery needs and spend is within budget
- regular audits across the contract to ensure contract and legal compliance
- Manage client issues log, ensuring timely resolution and ensuring good working relationship
- Promote secure/ safe working environment by carrying out risk assessments and security reviews
- Communicate Health and Safety processes and policies to all staff and ensure they remain adequately trained including contract specific training
Key Search Terms: Excel reporting People Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities + Property related markets and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.
- Can write formulas + queries in Excel?
- Do you have operations / people management experience?
- Do you have a valid UK Drivers Licence
Have you worked for less than 3 companies in the last 5 years