Our client is one of the leading suppliers of security (manned guarding + events) across the public and private sector in the UK. They know a corner is about to be turned and are looking for an experienced security operatons manager with specific knowledge of the events sector
As the Events Contract Manager you will manage all Events Security, Stwarding and Crowd Control service provision in your patch: to ensure that profit potential is realised, whilst helping set new standards in event security.
Your role will be to manage the relationships with customers and deliver exceptional security solutions for the benefit and safety of every customer. You’ll be responsible for communication, data analysis and regular updates to your event customers.
Whilst supported by an experience scheduling department this role will require frequent client meetings and attendance of contracted events. You will be responsible for maintaining and helping to grow a £3.5m portfolio. Existing projects include adhoc one off events to service delivery to major horse race meetings.
What are they offering?
Competitive salary in the region up to £45 000 is on offer. + car.
Growing + ambitious company/group: creating numerous career opportunities
Comprehensive Benefits package including 25 days holiday, private healthcare, life assurance and pension
What are they asking for?
- NVQ Level 3/4 Spectator Safety or similar
- Strong interpersonal skills + professionalism
- Strategic + Partnership approach to relationships with clients
- Commercial Awareness, Problem Solving,Data Analysis, Sound judgement, Persuasiveness
- Passion for excellent customer service Experience in a professional services environment.
- Proactive – ability to think outside the box Experience of designing and producing bids.
- Quest for continuous improvement Possess an excellent level of IT literacy.
- Experience of effectively leading and training teams
- Events Security Operational experience with SIA licence
- To motivate and support events staff to ensure maximum efficiency, take responsibility for running of the service to make sure contractual standards, KPI’s and SLA’s are delivered to clients whilst developing positive relationships with frontline team, clients employees and the wider community of invested stakeholders.
- Ensure service levels are set and monitored in order to deliver high level of service
- Provide support and guidance to supervisory team. Ensure objectives and performance reviewed.
- Ensure supervisors are able to plan for, and accept responsibility for the preparation of rotas, staffing and wage payments for their site staff, and oversee the staffing levels are met.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and service levels including agreed KPIs, design and implement appropriate action plans to improve standards where necessary.
- Ensure effective staff training and development; including succession plans are in place.
- Negotiation of extended contracts
Key Search Terms: Security Manned Guarding Events Contract Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client