A great opportunity for a site manager/supervisor/scheduler or duty support manager to step up into a junior contracts manager type role.
A growing National Manned Guarding are looking for a Contracts Support Manager to help manage a portfolio stretching across London + South East. These guys are in the top 5% ACS. Working from a local base (Canary Wharf / Aldershot) your main priority is the welfare of officers and commercial / operational viability of contracts. Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager you will assist in running contracts. This is a new role designed to allow the SMT to be more field based and spend time with Customers: to drive more strategy and development + is integral to the success of the team.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £35K with use of a pool car
- career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Support from hands-on manager + stable environment (no constant restructures here)
- Excellent scheduling team and HR team
What are they asking for?
You will be a fully licensed security (manned guarding) professional with operations management experience. It’s a given that you will be personable and credible in dealings with team (officers). This is a great opportunity for a site manager/supervisor/scheduler or duty support manager to step up into a junior contracts manager role. Whilst your focus will be mainly on supporting the contract you will also need the confidence and commercial acumen to regularly interact with clients.
You will need a drivers licence and live within an hour of Canary Wharf or Aldershot
- Supporting management of a portfolio of contracts including: Managing Agents, Industrial Parks, Corporate, Educational and Defence clients.
- Managing + recruiting inc.: discipline, absenteeism, appraisals etc, supporting site managers.
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Regular visits to sites under management inc: completion of site, welfare visits
- Ensuring that all personnel are properly attired
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
- Providing senior management with statistics e.g. total hours worked, labour cost etc
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard
Please only apply if you have ops management/supervisory experience within manned guarding
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.