1702 CONTRACTS MANAGER: MANNED GUARDING
A growing ACS SIA accredited National Manned Guarding group are looking for a Contracts Manager to manage a developing operations portfolio across the Midkands out of their Birmingham hub. A growing co that is developing their management team on the back of substantial wins and investment.
You will live within an hour’s commute of central Birmingham but this will be a field based role
Your main priority is the welfare of officers and operational viability of contracts. Reporting to the Operations Director you will assist in running contracts + helping growth. You will drive profitable growth through development and leadership of an effective team that operates through delivery of excellent service to Local and National customers; improving efficiency and expanding the portfolio.
To contribute to the effectiveness the team through responsibilities and participation in initiatives that supports the development of the business in the UK.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £40K + company car
- Career advancement within a growing company
- Support from hands-on manager + stable environment (no constant restructures here)
- Excellent scheduling team, control room and support team
What are they asking for?
- You will come from a manned guarding operations management background with the ability to quickly establish relationships with clients via the mobilisation of new contracts.
- You will have experience in managing a team in either of the following: static manned guarding, mobile patrol or keyholding and response
- Your experience will include Site Risk assessments + establishment of Standard Operating Procedures whilst ensuring the Health + Safety of your team. SIA + drivers licence required.
- You will be personable and credible in dealings with team (officers). You will pride yourself on your professionalism and customer focus. This is a great opportunity for an existing security operations manager to work with a great employer and clients and to get onto a defined career path.
- You will also be able to demonstrate a commercial ability to identify new/increased opportunities and ensure that you become the go to person when clients have an increase in demand.
- Whilst supported by a great scheduling team you will have a hands-on style and will take personal responsibility to ensure every shift is covered and every blow-out is filled. Therefore, you will be a team player and you will not be afraid to manage information up to help improve processes and efficiencies.
To deliver results that meet or exceed the Business Plan; Budget and Forecasts through full responsibility and accountability for the P&L and effective use of team and support functions
To build, develop, lead and retain a team of Support Staff and Officers
- Manage existing and recently converted client relationships.
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Visits to all new client sites
- Regular visits to sites under management including completion of site, welfare visits
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
- Providing senior management with statistics e.g. total hours worked, labour cost etc.
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard Account Manager
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.