An established and growing National Manned Guarding and Protective Services group are looking for a Contracts /Area Manager to help manage a portfolio in and around the Heathrow area. These guys are a top brand/employer looking after destination clients. The portfolio is predominantly retail (fashion) with some corporate assignments.
Working from a local base, your main priority is the welfare of officers and commercial / operational viability of contracts. Reporting to the Operations Director you will assist in running contracts and helping to grow the portfolio. You will help drive profitable growth through development and leadership of an effective team that operates through delivery of excellent service to existing Local and National customers; improving operating efficiency and; expanding the portfolio.
To contribute to the effectiveness of the Area team through responsibilities and participation in initiatives that supports the development of the business in the UK.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £35k+ company car / car allowance
- Career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Support from hands-on manager + stable environment
- Excellent scheduling team and HR team
What are they asking for?
You will be a fully licensed security (manned guarding) professional with operations management experience. It’s a given that you will be personable and credible in dealings with team (officers). P+Ls should be simple reading for you and you know how to interrogate them and improve.
Clients will speak highly of your professionalism and customer focus.
You will also live within patch: Heathrow; Sutton; Staines; Bracknell; Reading or Watford.
This is a terrific opportunity for an existing Manned Guarding Contracts Manager/Operations Manager/Support Manager or Loss Prevention professional (client side to work with a great employer and clients and to get onto a defined career path.
To deliver results that meet or exceed the Business Plan; Budget and Forecasts through full responsibility and accountability for the P&L and effective use of team and support functions
To build, develop, lead and retain a team of Support Staff and Officers
- Manage a portfolio of clients in the Heathrow area.
- Managing + recruiting, discipline, absenteeism, appraisals etc. and supporting site managers.
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Regular visits to sites under management including completion of site, welfare visits
- Growing portfolio via organic growth and working with Sales Team on relevant opportunities
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
- Providing senior management with statistics e.g. total hours worked, labour cost etc.
- P+L management
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard Loss Prevention Retail
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.