Palmer McCarthy have partnered up with a leading security provider of manned guarding services to find a Control Room Operator to work in a high end Corporate building located in the Docklands area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To answer routine and emergency calls, monitor alarms and video equipment including fire alarms, door alarms, and duress alarms and provide general assistance to both employees and guests.
- To possess exceptional people skills and will build relationships within the team to maintain and enhance security and safety.
- As part of a global operation, it may be required to work with peers in other geographic regions.
- Other duties may include to;
- Dispatch security officers, ERT, facilities, Local Emergency Services and EMS personnel as required via telephone and/or radio
- Maintain various records of communications and events
- Use multiple internal and external resources to gather and manage information and intelligence about events that are occurring both domestically and internationally that may impact Client.
- Communicate and disseminate information, using established communication vehicles, to key partners using best practices.
- Act as a liaison between all departments and the Physical Security Department.
- Escalate (without delay) complaints and unusual/critical event information to Shift Supervisor and Manager.
- Accurately maintain control of all equipment and keys in the control room and ensure that all equipment and keys signed out and returned by Security, or other parties.
- Proactively monitor all surveillance cameras and CCTV remote viewer programs and monitor and respond to all security and safety system alarms.
- Answer and respond to events and situations received over regular and emergency phones and intercoms.
What are they offering:
A 42 hour working week 4 on 4 off shift pattern
A pay rate of £11.26 ph. rising to £11.96 ph. once fully trained
What are they asking for:
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency, including - Microsoft Office, C Cure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a keen interest in global security risks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under little to no direct supervision.
- A strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to speak clearly, give direction and provide guidance to employees and security staff during emergencies.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership.
- High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgement, discretion and diplomacy.