Control Room Operator
Are you fed up of commuting in and out of London on a daily basis or are you seeking a local opportunity within the security sector?
If so, I am seeking a Control Room Operator to work in a busy 24/7 Control Centre to work in Surrey.
To ensure that the labour management system is efficiently utilised and administered to control the company's field based labour.To work in conjunction with Operational Management, to create resource plans that will result in the provision of excellent customer service delivery and excellent client relationships.
• Monitoring the Booking on and off of staff and onward arbitration of shifts that fall outside of accepted booking tolerances after consultation
• The scheduling, rota-loading and planning of shifts in advance of bookings taking place.
• Confirmation of the duties of individuals and their shift patterns.
• Arbitrating of duties, once confirmation has been authorised by operations.
• Keeping the call monitor up to date.
• The covering of open shifts (Blow outs, Holidays, sickness, Ad-hoc shifts), in consultation with operational management.
• Incident/Accident report writing, passing all reports to managers and if required clients.
• Keeping an electronic log within Workbooks of all incidents in our incident index sheets.
• Monitoring H&S check calls of staff and dealing with any issues when required.
• Logging and escalating information/incident logs/tasks and queries to
appropriate management levels, departments and or areas of the business.
• Dealing with client request, queries and complaints whilst logging on CRM system. Ensuring they are dealt with efficiently and within agreed
timescales including escalations.
• Extracting reports from time gate, (Blow out record of staff, Time and attendance, Duty performance sheets, contracted hours etc.….)
• Assist in the maintenance of real time dashboards for all areas of business.
• Pay enquiry investigation, then onward passing of the relevant information to managers.
• The monitoring of lost hours and notification of the relevant managers.
• Check call audits and informing managers if repeat offenders
• Handovers reports to other controllers after every shift
• Adding & removing contracted hours to include additional hours to new sites and existing sites. Administrator Process.
• Scheduling large scale one off events and static sites, particularly for rework and extra works.
• To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirements of Health and
• To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting
in an official capacity.
• To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
• To comply with the company’s policies on equal opportunities.
Required Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience of managing T&A systems, preferably Timegate.
• Sound knowledge of customer services in particular helpdesk functionality.
• Experience of supporting a business contract and/or providing support to a professional function.
The personal qualities of the jobholder will be key to success in this role. Therefore the following characteristics and qualities are identified as essential for the role:
• Excellent planning / organising abilities
• Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal
• Good telephone manner, approachable personality and influencing skills.
• Attention to detail and customer care skills
• Self-motivated, with the ability to solve problems
• Good interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with people
• Experience in working in a Control Room or Call Centre environment is essential.
• Having your own transport, CCTV (PSS) SIA licence and knowledge of the “Timegate” system will be advantageous
Rolling Shift Pattern:
4 on 4 off, days, nights, weekends48 hours per week (12 hours shifts)
£11.50 ph = £28,704 pa
To apply, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 370 5041