One of the UK's leading security providers now has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, full-time security officer to join their team on a nights and weekends shift pattern in the heart of the West End.
What are they offering?
- Immediate Start
- Salary: £28,641 (54 Hours per week)
- Shift Patterns: (220.127.116.11) 7 nights on; 2 nights off, 2 nights on & 3 nights off
- Hours: 12 Hour Shifts from 19:00 to 07:00
- Contributory Pension Scheme
What are they asking for?
This is a one-man site and, as the Security Officer, your duties will be to create a safe environment for all tenants and the property owners. The role is to protect the premises and contents therein from walk-in thefts, vandalism, fire and flooding etc. and to assist in the smooth running of the building. As Security Officer it is your responsibility for reporting and escalating any unusual or illegal activities in or around the premises as well as any defects found while also performing regular reception duties as required at the site.
It is essential that you are flexible, able to work a rolling roster of days; nights and weekends. You must have first class customer service skills, alongside efficiency, professionalism and attention to detail. Excellent communication skills are a must as you will be greeting, assisting and directing tenants, members of the public and contractors alike.
You must also / have;
- Have a full 5-year checkable history
- Be very presentable
- Have an SIA Door Supervisor or Security Guarding Licence (essential)
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Have strong administrative skills
- Have at least 3 years of experience working within a Corporate building / environment.
- Meet and greet staff, visitors and contractors.
- Answer calls and queries.
- Dealing and replying to all emails.
- Add and accept appointments in Outlook calendar.
- Call the relevant contractor, as instructed by the building manager when it is required. To make the decision after hours.
- Register visitors and contactors by using the visitor and contractor EXCEL spreadsheet log.
- Offer all appropriate services to ensure visitors experience a pleasant visit.
- Creating access passes/fobs upon request.
- Sign for royal mail and distribute to the correct pigeon holes in the post room.
- Monitoring the CCTV.
- Building patrols including: fault / hazard finding and reporting. Health and safety checks. Plant and bin store inspection.
- Create daily handover.
- Audit all keys at the end of each shift.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties or tasks not listed in the Assignment Instructions and as requested by Client or Company.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.