This is a field-based role. Candidate to be based on the M1 corridor (within an hour of the M1) but must be able to accommodate national travel.
Our client is a national leading provider of cleaning and soft services. Due to recent expansion (client wins) they are looking for an experienced Operational Manager who is flexible, motivated and will enjoy the challenge of managing teams for high-profile clients to drive and encourage to produce the best results. The Divisional Operations Manager will be responsible for the safe and profitable delivery of cleaning solutions to valued customers across the division.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £70K (pension, healthcare etc., 25 days holidays + BH)
- Prestigious company car/car allowance
- Excellent career opportunity within a stable national leader that prides itself on the relationship between company and employee.
What are they asking for?
Proven operations management within Soft Service Facilities Management managing a portfolio of £15m+ is required as is a full drivers licence. You have experience in the leadership of large teams, strong management skills with a high level of interest in the development of teams and individuals. Whilst managing a team of 7 Contract Managers you will also be hands on in nature with an ability to make quick evidence based decisions.
Your ability to establish strong client relationships as well as getting team buy in is key and you will be able to demonstrate how your personable nature has helped you do this in the past. A background in Soft Services is key as are strong analytical and organizational skills. At interview you will demonstrate a passion for ensuring service delivery and will be able to point to examples of how you have delivered through and with people
You will be confident in the use of technology and curious as to how it can help you and the team in the day to day. It’s a given you will know your way around Excel, but any experience of the following would be advantageous: PowerPoint, PowerBI, Visio, MS Project, MS Teams as would the ability to produce UML diagrams. Any knowledge of the rail industry would also be advantageous
Proven financial ability along with a disciplined method in applying and working with processes is also required. Also, advantageous would be ISOH or NEBOSH, Six Sigma, Prince2 or equivalent and experience in contract mobilization or project management
Responsibilities will include
- Primary point of contact for contract managers for the resolution of operational challenges
- Project management responsibility for the mobilisation of new contract wins
- Ensure operational management teams are compliant with company policies and procedures, thus ensuring the integrity of the data being entered into IT platforms which are used to report on contract performance.
- management of supply chain that supports operational performance of each contract.
Cleaning Facilities Operations Management
- 1 Have you worked for less than three companies in the last (pre covid) five years?
- Do you have a strong operations background in Contract Cleaning?
- Do you live less than one hour commute from the M1 corridor
- growing business- massive opportunities + career opportunities
- investment in qualifications and training
- supportive and strong management team.