This prestigious manned guarding company are looking for an experienced Manned Guarding manager/Supervisor to provide support to Site Officers, Colleagues and Customers in the provision of security and business support services within the region. A great opportunity for a site manager/supervisor/scheduler or duty support manager to step up into a junior contracts manager type role. Your main priority is the welfare of officers and commercial / operational viability of contracts. Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager you will assist in running contracts. This is a new role designed to allow the SMT to be more field based and spend time with Customers: to drive more strategy and development + is integral to the success of the team.
What are they offering
- £ 28K package- £9 per hour: Monday to Friday 60 hours
- Use of company vehicle
- Career path to Contracts manager
- Supportive team within Growing fast paced company
- Excellent scheduling team and HR team
What are they asking for?
You will already have security management/supervisory experience Within (B2B) with the ability to take on a small portfolio of 15 clients (60 officers) whilst supporting the Contracts Manager in the management of the region. You will be able to develop client relationships via client visits and develop a strong team bond with your guards. It’s a given that you will be personable and credible in dealings with team (officers). Whilst your focus will be mainly on supporting the contracts you will also need the confidence and commercial acumen to regularly interact with clients. You will need a drivers licence and live within an hour of Portsmouth.
Responsibilities will include;
- Supporting management of a portfolio of contracts including: Managing Agents, Industrial Parks, Corporate, Educational and Defence clients.
- Managing + recruiting inc.: discipline, absenteeism, appraisals etc, supporting site managers.
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Regular visits to sites under management inc: completion of site welfare visits
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
- To liaise and meet with customers and key clients on a regular basis to review & record contract performance ensure quality standards are consistently maintained, leading to contract retention
- To be responsible for manning levels of contracted, ad-hoc and special events as per customer requirements including, recruitment, screening and vetting with Administrators and Central Support ensuring that sufficient and suitable relief staff are available
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard
Please only apply if you have ops management/supervisory experience within manned guarding
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.