Please only apply if you have manned guarding operations supervisory or management experience or come from a military/police background.
Our client is one of the leading providers of manned guarding in the UK. Due to a recent restructure and subsequent promotion they are looking for an experienced professional who is flexible, motivated and will enjoy the challenge of helping manage a team for a high profile client to drive and encourage to produce the best results.
Reporting to the Site Manager you will assist in running a small security team. This is a new role designed to allow the Site Manager to be more client focused: to drive more strategy and development + is integral to the success of the team. This role is ideal for candidates looking to work at aa prestige highly visible venue where they will help to manage the delivery of day to day operational security (a great career opportunity)
What are they offering?
- Package to £35K
- 4 on 4 off day/ night shift pattern (optional additional 24 shifts p.a increases to 48 hr contract)
- Pay Rate: £14.00 p/h
- Holiday entitlement: 22.4 shifts per year
- Bonus: £750 (paid in December, part of contract/package) + Lots of overtime
- Real career opportunity (Site Manager used to do this role)
What are they asking for?
The primary role of the Duty Shift Manager is to protect the property and staff of the client by providing a 24/7 management presence and managing the day-to-day activities of all site based security staff. Monitoring staff performance and acting as first point of contact for staff needs. Liaising and working with customer contacts, contractors and support services.
You should have prior experience of supervising/managing a team and a positive customer focused approach to delivering security. Applicants should hold a SIA licence and have proven experience of managing incidents. Prior counter-terrorism training (Project Griffin etc.) is also an advantage.
You will enjoy responsibility as you will often be the most senior person on site from a security perspective
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the day to day management of site security
- Conduct and monitor staff appraisals and encourage further development
- Staff training and development
- Incident management and response
- Safeguarding of various assets to include people, buildings and information
- Assist with the strategic planning of the security function
- Oversee the delivery of control room services
- Cross functional working with the Property and Facilities teams.
- Undertake risk assessments
- Liaise with emergency services when required
- Management of control room services
Key Search Terms:
Security, Scheduling, Manned Guarding Operations.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
- Do you have security supervisory or management experience (with SIA licence)
- Do you have experience of working in a customer facing role?
- Do you have experience in incident management, evidence gathering and investigation?
- Great opportunity for supervisor/ manager to step up into a career role. (site manager used to do this role)
- Great company that invests in its people.
- Iconic venue with variety of activities and loads of overtime potential
- Will consider candidates straight from military or police