Please only apply if you have manned guarding operations or senior office background.
Our client is one of the leading providers of manned guarding in the UK. Due to a recent restructure and subsequent promotion they are looking for an experienced professional who is flexible, motivated and will enjoy the challenge of helping manage a team for a high profile client to drive and encourage to produce great service
Reporting to the Site Manager you will assist in running a small security team. This role is ideal for candidates looking to work at a prestige and professional venue where they will help to manage the delivery of day to day operational security (a great career opportunity)
What are they offering?
- Package to £38K
- days/nights 5 on 2 off /5 on 3 off (56 hour rolling average)
- Pay Rate: £13.00 p/h
- Holiday entitlement: 23 shifts per year
- Lots of overtime
- Real career opportunity (Site Manager used to do this role)
What are they asking for?
The primary role of the Duty Shift Supervisor is to protect the property and staff of the client by providing a 24/7 management presence and managing the day-to-day activities of all site based security staff. Monitoring staff performance and acting as first point of contact for staff needs. Liaising and working with customer contacts, contractors and support services.
You should have prior experience of supervising/managing a team and a positive customer focused approach to delivering security. Applicants should hold a SIA licence and have proven experience of managing incidents. Prior counter-terrorism training (Project Griffin etc.) is also an advantage.
You will enjoy responsibility as you will often be the most senior person on site from a security perspective
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the day to day management of site security
- Conduct and monitor staff appraisals and encourage further development
- Staff training and development
- Incident management and response
- Safeguarding of various assets to include people, buildings and information
- Assist with the strategic planning of the security function
- Oversee the delivery of control room services
- Cross functional working with the Property and Facilities teams.
- Undertake risk assessments
- Liaise with emergency services when required
- Management of control room services
Key Search Terms:
Security, Scheduling, Manned Guarding Operations.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again
- Do you have security supervisory experience (with SIA licence)
- Do you have experience of working in a customer facing role?
- Great opportunity for supervisor experienced officer into a career role.
- Great company that invests in its people.
- Prestige venue