We are seeking an Emergency Planning and Events Compliance Manager, in Manchester, to work in conjunction with the Operational Compliance Team within a leading provider of Estate Services.
The individual appointed to this role will be instrumental to the strategic planning and tactical delivery of emergency planning and events management measures throughout the property management division, with a biased towards risk management to achieve a best in class standard to complement the existing risk management model.
He or she will be open to working within an evolving and dynamic environment. The incumbent will be expected to deploy some autonomy to manage Emergency Planning and Events compliance across an impressive client base that is growing year-on-year. The core focus of the role is to deliver compliance to national legislation, guidance and best practice and to ultimately achieve 'best in class' status within the property management sector.
The ideal candidate will be a talented and driven individual who posses a strong operational background, preferably from, managing large complicated and active sites, who can demonstrate that they have experience with implementing robust security and emergency planning arrangements and having planned and successfully managed small, medium and large scale events.
- Monitor compliance regarding Emergency Planning and Events Management requirements through internal systems and client specific systems and through audits completed
- Conduct site visits and incident investigations where necessary and complete the appropriate reporting process
- Attend client meetings and the provider's sector and regional meetings as required
- Work with surveyors, site managers and 3rd party consultants and The Operational Risk Management team on Emergency Planning and Events compliance issues
- Track the performance of security providers and ensure close and effective working with the security soft services team, property management teams and surveyors
- Completion of accreditation and client instruction scheme questionnaires as related to subject expertise
- Seek to assist other elements of internal compliance functions whenever appropriate
- Maintain a positive working relationship with internal stakeholders, clients and suppliers
- Maintain a currency of knowledge with regards to national legislation and industry best practice by studying latest publications, subscription to subject related journals, membership of official bodies and attending seminars approved by peer review in relation to Emergency Planning and Events risk management,
- Contribute to the Property Management communications policy via regular submission to newsletter, intranet presentation, corporate blog, tool-box talks and stand-up presentation at meetings
- Ensure all managed sites comply with legislative, regulatory and company policy requirements that are applicable to Emergency Planning and Events Management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement with regards to Emergency Planning and Events Management, and develop and assist with the national implementation of the necessary controls to manage the same.
- Provide management review support to clients, the National H,S & E Manager and Operational Risk Management team by analysing compliance with standards, and incident statistics and evaluating trends and their root cause.
- Wherever practicable, act on lessons learned and communicate these out to the business.
- Communicate effectively to clients, suppliers, managers and employees and hence, improve the overall performance of the business, and demonstrate the providers 'Best in Class' ethos to clients and other stakeholders.
- Provide advice, assistance and training to site based managers, employees, clients and suppliers on matters relating to Emergency Planning & Events Management.
- Assist personnel through face to face meetings, via telephone and email and ensuring reference is made to other compliance advisors when necessary.
- Be responsible for the Security & Emergency Planning Forum.
- Be the primary point of contact on compliance matters for the providers POP Marketing Team and Clients own marketing teams.
- You will have had previous experience of Developing Policy, Procedures and Process for Emergency Planning & Events Compliance
- A strong understanding and experience in applying legislation and common law principles to resolve site problems, the identification of possible risks involved with the management of a particular type of site or planning a high risk event, enabling you to seek opportunities and generate fee-earning consultancy work from assigned client contacts and site activities in general.
- Ideally, you will hold a NEBOSH General Certificate, as you will need to possess a strong knowledge of Health & Safety within a property environment.
- Have Previous Stakeholder Engagement experience,
- Strong client and man management skills coupled with excellent communication skills
- Effective management and coaching skills and the ability to relate to, engage with and motivate clients, suppliers, surveyors, site managers and employees.
- Develop & Monitor Emergency Planning & Events Management Training.