Our client is a quality driven international provider of Facilities Management (mainly soft services). Due to growth and a multitude of sales opportunities they are seeking an experienced bid manager or writer to join a small, dynamic business development team, to manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the bid process ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered.
You do not need industry knowledge (however any knowledge of the outsourced sector would be advantageous) - more important is the ability to manage the bid process.
This is a company that are heavily investing in its bids and tenders function and dare developing a team that are delivering state of the art bid solutions in a fun and driven environment.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £55K
- An opportunity to be master of your destiny- with input on bid strategy and development
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
What are they asking for?
The ideal candidate for this position will contribute by bringing tender structure and organisation and will enjoy working alongside a friendly and supportive team of professionals. They will gain satisfaction from writing in a clear, creative and articulate manner and will promote co-operation within the team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and accurate in their approach to work, paying great attention to detail.
You will have previous experience of managing tenders from cradle to the deal along with strong communication skills- this role could involve client meetings and site visits.
In interview you will demonstrate sound commercial analytical skills and any demonstrated cost modelling experience would be advantageous. Candidate needs to live a commutable distance from London but would need to be able to travel nationally (on rare occasions)
- Work closely with the sales and operations teams to agree bid strategies
- Ensure the effective delivery of all bids (ranging in value from £100K to multi million)
- Attend key customer meetings and industry events
- Preparing and reviewing all commercial aspects of the bids
- Form relationships with customers to develop a clear understanding of their requirements
- Ensuring work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies
- Oversee and lead the preparation, coordination and delivery of presentations to customers as required, to successfully secure orders
- Contribute to pre-bid research and capture planning.
- Manage production of pre-qualification documentation.
- Ensure consistency of approach across multi-function team
- Matrix Management of internal resources to ensure all areas of the bid are correctly represented e.g. Commercial, Safety & Quality, Finance, HR.
- Project manage the day to day bid effort, including governance, solution development and bid production, ensuring adherence to customer schedule and target costs.
- Manage bid approvals in line with Group's corporate governance policies
- Challenge the status-quo on our bid approaches to consistently deliver better savings and efficiencies than our competitors.
- Run debriefs following to discuss learning points and implement agreed actions.